Wanna change my IEMs, any ideas ?
Sep 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

StarMatt

Head-Fier
Hello,
So, as my birthday is pretty soon, I wanted to get me some new in-ear monitors. I use for several years now a pair of Westone UM1 and though they are pretty comfortable, their sound never transcended me. And since I didn't really catch up with what is made today, I don't really know what or where to look.
I guess I have a budget of $150-200, and I'd use my new IEMs exclusively with my iAudio9. 
About the music, I mostly listen to rock (folk, progressive, metal, pop), and to jazz, blues, funk, hip hop too..
Also, I'd like to have a real evolution from my Westone UM1, maybe even something with two drivers..

Let me know if you need more information to indicate me.

Thanks a lot !

Sep 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 11
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-105-iems-compared-phiaton-ps210-yamaha-eph-50-pioneer-clx50-added-09-08

That is all.

Also what he said ^

The DBA-02 are nice.

Sep 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 11
But the OP has been using the Westone UM1. The DBA-02 (FWIR) has a totally different sound signature.

You may want to look into the Radius DDM.

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 11
Klipsch Custom 3, MTP Copper, Sennheiser IE7.........

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
But the OP has been using the Westone UM1. The DBA-02 (FWIR) has a totally different sound signature.

You may want to look into the Radius DDM.

To be fair, he said he wanted 'a real evoloution,' not something the same, but better.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 11
Thanks a lot for all your helpful answers !
After I read the link given by JoetheArachnid, I might want to take the q-Jays or the DBA-02, both seem to fit my buget and my expectations as well.
I think I may prefer the q-Jays, according to the reviews, the bass are heavier... Any observation on that point would be really helpful !

Thanks again !

Edit : For the record, I let the Radius DDM behind because of the poor isolation, I need good isolation, goddamit.

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 11
Hello,

I haven't purchased the IEMs yet, actually I'm still hesitating between the q-Jays and the DBA-02.
I would like to have more points of view... Which do you think are the best ?
As I live in France, I can't try these and make my own opinion yet, so I'd like you to give me your reviews and your own opinions. It may help me making my mind.

Thank you !

Edit : As I said before, I think I'm gonna buy the q-Jays, mainly because of the great pack of accessories that comes along, but I've heard that they were pretty fragile and would break easily. Is that true ? If so, I may prefer the DBA-02. Anyway, I hope you can enlighten me !

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #11 of 11
Up
smily_headphones1.gif
Plz <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back