Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 7, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #3,407 of 3,631
Feb 8, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #3,408 of 3,631
I've got a question, I just bought an AD797 ANZ which I wanted to use in my stock V2s. It doesn't work for me, I only hear noise on my left ear and I only hear a tiny bit of music when I turn the volume up all the way but still a lot of noise and only on my left ear.
Do I have to change some other part as well or what's going on?
Please respond quickly since I'd have to send it back within a week or so if it's not compatible at all
any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #3,409 of 3,631
I changed the op amp in my zishan z2 to muses 02 and it worked great. Today though sound only comes out of one earbud (I have tried other earbuds). One side when the 3.5 fully in and the other side if I pull the jack slightly out. Any ideas?

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #3,411 of 3,631
Open it up.
-Check the pins of the output jack if it's properly soldered.
-check if the seal of the output jack is tight
-Check if the opamp has all the pins well inserted.
I'm gonna assume you're talking to me, so:
It works with the stock opamp (the TI NE5532P) when I put it back in so it can't be the first 2 things you mentioned.
And the pins are inserted all the way
Edit: about the noise I mentioned, it doesn't sound like white noise, just really weird, can't really explain it.
Edit 2: I just listened to it again and the noise is only on the left ear but I can hear the music on both ears.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3,412 of 3,631
I've got a question, I just bought an AD797 ANZ which I wanted to use in my stock V2s. It doesn't work for me, I only hear noise on my left ear and I only hear a tiny bit of music when I turn the volume up all the way but still a lot of noise and only on my left ear.
Do I have to change some other part as well or what's going on?
Please respond quickly since I'd have to send it back within a week or so if it's not compatible at all
any help is appreciated

The AD797 ANZ is a single channel op-amp, and is not pin-compatible with the op-amps that are in the Walnut v2.
For the Walnut, you would need to have two of them, mounted on a carrier board, like in this photo:

$_35.JPG

Feb 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3,414 of 3,631
Open it up.
-Check the pins of the output jack if it's properly soldered.
-check if the seal of the output jack is tight
-Check if the opamp has all the pins well inserted.
Ah thanks. Loose op amp seemed to be the problem. I've pushed it back in and it works now

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,416 of 3,631
Well this makes me have one more question: does the mono channel to dual channel opamp adapter fit into theV2s? it seems to be a very tight fit if it actually does.
O3Hcc4w.jpg

A dual DIP may not, but this style will -

s-l1000.jpg

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3,418 of 3,631
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #3,420 of 3,631
Ok so let's just say it's not worth using the mono channel to dual channel amp dual dip adapter with the V2s. I had to remove several parts of the adapter because it's too tall which makes it impossible to close. I desoldered both sockets and soldered my opamps in their place. This made it quite a bit smaller, the lid almost closes now, can't access the buttons with my finger because they are 1-2mm too deep now. Also had to pretty much remove the Pause/Delete button, it's still there but inaccessible since the adapter completely covers it.

So any ideas on how to improve this? Not sure if I could solder a new button in place of the Pause button with wires and route it to the back or something. They are glued in place which makes desoldering even harder than it is.

Any help appreciated.

And on the side-note, the AD797s sound really nice. Noticeably warmer compared to the stock opamp, the sound is much richer in general.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back