Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Aug 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #3,286 of 3,631
i think the real question is:
who ordered an F1 and has anyone that ordered received theirs yet?

I ordered mine on 2017.08.06, from CKLewis Audio Store.
The first shipping status appeared six days later.
There may not be another status update, until it's here in the USA.
2017.08.12 10:00 (GMT-7): 【8】Received by line-haul
2017.08.12 21:30 (GMT-7): 【CHINA】Acceptance
2017.08.13 22:55 (GMT-7): 【CHINA,GUANGZHOU EMS】Processed Through Facility

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #3,288 of 3,631
anyone here who can give an impression on walnut f1?
Im wondering if walnut f1 plus burson v6 vivid will sound good on its 2.5 balanced PO.
IMG_5728.jpg

F1 Looks good, even if it's not obvious from the photo that it has Muses02 now :wink:

I will only get V5i and V6 (but not vivid) early next week, hopefully 2.5mm cables will turn up soon too.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #3,295 of 3,631
Getting more and more excited while waiting for my F1. I almost have identical setup with what you have. I have Z1 with muses02 and ch9t for now while waiting for the F1.,

I moved muses02 into F1 and had to employ 100ohm attenuator - too loud!

Using PO instead LO sometimes provides VERY interesting results, and sometimes is necessary, especially with CH9T that extends LF all way down to the centre of the Earth. :wink:

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #3,297 of 3,631
A thing of beauty indeed.
Agree, and holding it feels strangely satisfying, go figure.
That's the 2.5 balanced ch9t isn't it?
Yes, although I'm not proud of the cheap plastic jack or my soldering skills.
Any significant difference on sound quality between SE and balanced output?
SE is weird on F1, it may be that my unit is defective, but I doubt it.
Balanced is sweet, I'm still going through my reference tracks, but overall impression is positive. Very positive, actually. It's good that you have CH9T, actually - anything of a lesser quality would simply make it not worth your while...

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #3,298 of 3,631
Agree, and holding it feels strangely satisfying, go figure.

Yes, although I'm not proud of the cheap plastic jack or my soldering skills.

SE is weird on F1, it may be that my unit is defective, but I doubt it.
Balanced is sweet, I'm still going through my reference tracks, but overall impression is positive. Very positive, actually. It's good that you have CH9T, actually - anything of a lesser quality would simply make it not worth your while...

Good to hear that the balanced out is sounding great.,Not expecting much on the F1 SE though as the Z1 SE produces a satisfying audio quality for my ear.,.Just ordered the F1 solely for the balanced out and I'm glad that I made the order.,.thanks for your input and prompt response bro. :)

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #3,299 of 3,631
Overall F1 is a mixed bag for me right now...

I had to employ a 100ohm attenuator as when used with Z2's LO F1 is obscenely loud on the balanced out, so much so that only about 10% of potentiometer travel is usable and it's a safety hazard. It distorts when using se (3.5mm) out. Too much bass (at least with muses02), but it depends on the recording. This will require tweaking/fixing, I'm already thinking about adapting buffers for se out (drv134pa allows for this by grounding L- and R- I believe, but the trick is to not to lose balanced out).

But when you find a sweet spot on the balanced out... it's absolutely wonderful, full-bodied, layers and layers of sound, bets sounstage ever, details I never heard in the recordings I know by my heart. It works well on some tracks Z2 struggled with and anything hi-rez (especially DSD) is totally immersive.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #3,300 of 3,631
Overall F1 is a mixed bag for me right now...

I had to employ a 100ohm attenuator as when used with Z2's LO F1 is obscenely loud on the balanced out, so much so that only about 10% of potentiometer travel is usable and it's a safety hazard. It distorts when using se (3.5mm) out. Too much bass (at least with muses02), but it depends on the recording. This will require tweaking/fixing, I'm already thinking about adapting buffers for se out (drv134pa allows for this by grounding L- and R- I believe, but the trick is to not to lose balanced out).

But when you find a sweet spot on the balanced out... it's absolutely wonderful, full-bodied, layers and layers of sound, bets sounstage ever, details I never heard in the recordings I know by my heart. It works well on some tracks Z2 struggled with and anything hi-rez (especially DSD) is totally immersive.

Thanks for the update Ivan TT.
Just for claricifaction.
Out of the box does the 3.5mm SE PO sounds weird? Or it only started soundingweird when you installed muses02 opamp?
Have you encountered any weird problems in its 2.5mm balanced PO when using stock opamp?
I hope you can enlighten us.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back