Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 27, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2,251 of 3,631
Finally received my nut today, and it would not recognize my TF card (fat 32, clean mp3s or wavs) - just yellow light (not blinking).  Newer 32gb class 10 formatted Fat32.  Thought it was broken.  Finally tried a different TF card and it worked.

What does the "hold" switch do? 

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2,252 of 3,631
  better than "blowing one up" like I did last night, slow  delay in volume startup then gradually worse each time then nothing haha. Oh well.

Wrecking mine I don't mind, but sorry to hear about yours though.

Just got mine fixed.  One of the 100ohm resistors near the headphone output was bad.  My employees Father had the resistor at his shop and replaced it for me.  I think it was bad from the get go cause I noticed that the vocals would sit off slightly to the right, and not in the center like it should.  Sounds way better now and even louder than it was before.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #2,253 of 3,631
Feb 28, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,254 of 3,631
I want to gauge interest for me selling modded walnuts.

Costs breakdown will be $25 profit for my manual labor and time obtaining and testing parts, on top of costs for shipping, base walnut unit and mod parts you pick (capacitors and opamps) and Japan Alps volume potentiometer + Aluminum vol knob.

I will help you select the parts based on info you provide me such as what genres of music you like and what headphones you use.

Total cost would depend on the parts you select, could start at $50, or end up at over $100+ if your going for the best of the best.

Even though the price may get near to other more fancy daps, I can promise you a well modded walnut will have something special that none of those daps have, with the right pairing (koss portapro anyone?), a well modded walnut will take any dap for a ride regardless of price.

Any takers? 

I won't be modifying your existing walnut's, I'm not interested in keeping track of who sent what etc. You will have to purchase a brand new modded walnut from me (I will provide base walnut at a heavy discount, around $20, only for modding).

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #2,255 of 3,631
  I want to gauge interest for me selling modded walnuts.

Costs breakdown will be $25 profit for my manual labor and time obtaining and testing parts, on top of costs for shipping, base walnut unit and mod parts you pick (capacitors and opamps) and Japan Alps volume potentiometer + Aluminum vol knob.

I will help you select the parts based on info you provide me such as what genres of music you like and what headphones you use.

Total cost would depend on the parts you select, could start at $50, or end up at over $100+ if your going for the best of the best.

Even though the price may get near to other more fancy daps, I can promise you a well modded walnut will have something special that none of those daps have, with the right pairing (koss portapro anyone?), a well modded walnut will take any dap for a ride regardless of price.

Any takers? 

Um....drooooool...yup!

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #2,260 of 3,631
I finally tried a larger cap for the 1000uf, I tried Sanyo WG 2200uF 25v, compared to the Rubycon ZL 1000uF 16v, I'm hearing deeper bass, more bass impact, softer treble, slightly pulled mids, but overall quality of the sound is surprisingly decent, so again I can recommend going large capacitance for bassheads.

Overall though I prefer the airyness of the Rubycon though, so next up I'm trying a 2200uF Rubycon ZL 25v, hoping for the best of both worlds 
cool.gif
 I will tear out the usb port and make a hole in the rear to get that 12.5x35mm to "fit" in the stock case 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #2,261 of 3,631
  I finally tried a larger cap for the 1000uf, I tried Sanyo WG 2200uF 25v, compared to the Rubycon ZL 1000uF 16v, I'm hearing deeper bass, more bass impact, softer treble, slightly pulled mids, but overall quality of the sound is surprisingly decent, so again I can recommend going large capacitance for bassheads.

Overall though I prefer the airyness of the Rubycon though, so next up I'm trying a 2200uF Rubycon ZL 25v, hoping for the best of both worlds 
cool.gif
 I will tear out the usb port and make a hole in the rear to get that 12.5x35mm to "fit" in the stock case 
evil_smiley.gif

Were you gonna replace the microUSB plug with a dc in jack or somethin?
Thanks for the Sanyo impressions, I always appreciate bass talk

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #2,263 of 3,631

Overall though I prefer the airyness of the Rubycon though, so next up I'm trying a 2200uF Rubycon ZL 25v, hoping for the best of both worlds :cool:  I will tear out the usb port and make a hole in the rear to get that 12.5x35mm to "fit" in the stock case :evil:

Were the rest of the caps stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back