Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 1, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,741 of 3,631
So for clarification, is the line out both a line out and line in jack?  And the earbud I tested the Walnut with for a moment had an issue with receiving too much power, so I might want to look into the Reveel as well.

You are correct about its dual function.

As for using as an amp... I would recommend lowering source volume until it's not blowing out your earbuds. You will get best results this way. Most dynamic headphones dont respond to output impedance like BAs do so youll get better overall sound by volume matching imo...

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #1,742 of 3,631
If you want to use with BA IEMs might also recommend spending under 10 bucks on a reveel headphone amp?

I'll use it with my one and only er4s but I don't want to spend more. I hope I'll like it. Last time I used Alien, I adore its sound signature but didn't like build quality, especially for the price. I don't want equal performance with Alien but if it's better than my rockboxed clip+, it's enough for me.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,743 of 3,631
You are correct about its dual function.

As for using as an amp... I would recommend lowering source volume until it's not blowing out your earbuds. You will get best results this way. Most dynamic headphones dont respond to output impedance like BAs do so youll get better overall sound by volume matching imo...

I'll give the iPod Walnut combo a try with something more difficult.  I suspect the iPod itself will have no issue driving the DK Song.  I was really just looking for an excuse as I'm still not sure why I spent the money to upgrade the iPod as I never use it these days.  I should probably take my old Fiio E9i and move it to my bed and keep the iPod there.

I also need to see about converting some of my files to Walnut friendly formats and put together a playlist mSD.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #1,746 of 3,631
I have placed another order as this indeed is a great portable music player.

I also want to hear something from you about comparison with Alien, mate.

I don't have the Alien anymore but i prefer Walnut V2 overall.Has more power,better mids layout and wider soundstage.
Alien is more organic with slightly darker background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back