Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #1,201 of 3,631
Please check the faq on post #3, your background noises will disappear with a little more use!!

for burn-in, do i need to leave a earphone plugged in?  or can I just run the 'nut without any earphones?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,202 of 3,631
You are not the only one, I even made a post in the benjie s5 forum asking for comparison against ruizu. My ears hear what you hear, but the rmaa chart shows less roll off than what I hear. which makes me really curious

I got an answer from the RMAA main thread, and they explained that basically the difference between Ruizu's loaded and unloaded will look much more different than my other DAP's loaded vs unloaded, due to cheaper design.

I just ordered a 3.5mm splitter, so I will go to work when it arrives for some RMAA loaded charting.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,203 of 3,631
My walnut arrived this evening, haven't listened to it, anyway I don't have a SD card under 32 GB now, so might wait for several more days. For the price I paid, I cannot ask more for its form factor, it is of beautifully unostentatious design which I like, unlike my last gear Zishan player cries out shoddy DIY from every pore. 

One thing I noticed weird. I have been charging it since I got it, about 2 hours later, the indication light shows green, I picked it up, the light instantly turned red, so I put it down for some more time. Just now, I noticed the light again is green, as I lifted if from the table the light once again turned red. Is that normal? 

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,205 of 3,631
for burn-in, do i need to leave a earphone plugged in?  or can I just run the 'nut without any earphones?

I can't promise but i think it works if you leave it powered on but not plugged in to headphones. But if you run it with earphones you get to burn in 2 things at once... And i always have new gear so something is always burning in here...

My walnut arrived this evening, haven't listened to it, anyway I don't have a SD card under 32 GB now, so might wait for several more days. For the price I paid, I cannot ask more for its form factor, it is of beautifully unostentatious design which I like, unlike my last gear Zishan player cries out shoddy DIY from every pore. 

One thing I noticed weird. I have been charging it since I got it, about 2 hours later, the indication light shows green, I picked it up, the light instantly turned red, so I put it down for some more time. Just now, I noticed the light again is green, as I lifted if from the table the light once again turned red. Is that normal? 

I've never seen this. Probably nothing to worry about but it could be anything from usb cable to the battery to a loose usb port? Sorry i can't give you a more specific answer but encourage you to mess with other cables or chargers just in case

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,206 of 3,631
I forgot how much music in wav format you can store even on a 4 gb micro sd.
Is brilliant, convenient and cheap.
I feel like i a listening to a cassette player.Love the resume feature once you turn it back on.
Love it,only thing want ask for in the future is 24 bit/192 khz support if possible and shuffle mode.

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,213 of 3,631
I need to get a hold of a zen 2 again. People keep saying the pairing with this is exceptional

It's nice. Said it with the Monk+ but so much more with the Zen 2..It's the closest thing I've heard to listening to my old hi-fi separates on speakers in the early 90s..
So much so Ive just ordered myself a copy of KLF - The White Room. I need to hear Justified and Ancient again, on this setup!!

Inam going to try and watch a movie on laptop and use the Walnut as headphone amplifier.
If i am not mistaken only Vapman have tried that so far, right?

Let's hear how that goes, I'm intrigued.

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #1,215 of 3,631
Inam going to try and watch a movie on laptop and use the Walnut as headphone amplifier.
If i am not mistaken only Vapman have tried that so far, right?

Did I miss your head to head comparison with the Tera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back