Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Dec 15, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #361 of 3,631
  two pieces of football :v

Yeah! Well, I see this on my main order page, so maybe it's not a big deal..

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #362 of 3,631
Dec 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #364 of 3,631
Never owned an Alien, but always wanted one, just not for how much it cost. But I threw a chart together to see where each player falls short of the other... well I don't really want it now that I have Walnuts and my second is due to arrive this week :)

Hopefully we get answers to Walnut's real output power ratings....
max gigs on a sd card?
have alien gold, Will not buy walnut:joy:

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #366 of 3,631
  Mine just shipped today. I've also been a bit skeptical with the lack of pairing impressions of more high end gear, but when it comes I can test it out with the K7XX, HE400S, and Pinnacle P1.

I would love to give impressions with more high end gear... but my fanciest headphones are the SZ2000 and some boutique earbuds from Indonesia. I hate circumaurals, so I'm not the typical Head-Fi'er I guess, and don't own any Grados at the moment either...

I haven't seen my friend with HD600/HD800 since I got my Walnut, will see if I can get him to come over again with the HD800s. And I used to have a STAX setup, lol...

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #367 of 3,631
I think the post office in my country thinks the Walnut is some kind of terrorist device and decided to get a closer look at it. Most package spend one day at the airport but if it's three, well maybe they are trying it out. I hope it gets by in a few days

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #368 of 3,631
I think the post office in my country thinks the Walnut is so kind of terrorist device and decided to get a closer look at it. Most package spend one day at the airport but if it's three, well maybe they are trying it out. I hope it gets by in a few days

I was joking around with some friends that I could never take it through an airport without being pulled aside...

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #369 of 3,631
  I was joking around with some friends that I could never take it through an airport without being pulled aside...

I think in one of Jude's Head-Fi YouTube videos he talks of being pulled to the side because of his crazy portable setups and made to show that the device does indeed play music.

--

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #370 of 3,631
Well it looks heavy and it's made of metal, I don't know it sorts of look suspectious especially at an airport. I I am sure an tsa agent won't try it to see it's a music device. I just hope they do it fast and figure out its an audio device.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #371 of 3,631
  I would love to give impressions with more high end gear... but my fanciest headphones are the SZ2000 and some boutique earbuds from Indonesia. I hate circumaurals, so I'm not the typical Head-Fi'er I guess, and don't own any Grados at the moment either...

I haven't seen my friend with HD600/HD800 since I got my Walnut, will see if I can get him to come over again with the HD800s. And I used to have a STAX setup, lol...

I have a good feeling about the Walnut and Nighthawk synergy :)

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #372 of 3,631

No no, didn't mean to put your impressions (or experience) down in any way. The research and info you've compiled is seriously amazing, it's awesome what you've done for this thread :D Besides, I barely use anything other than the P1 these days either, just not enough time for over-ears much.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #373 of 3,631
  Interesting tracking info! Haven't a clue what it means (but it doesn't look good!):

Has anyone in North America received the Walnut V2 from Taobao?

Does anyone know what the below (or above) means? I'm hoping that I don't have to contact the shipping company....

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #374 of 3,631
Dec 15, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #375 of 3,631
I think the post office in my country thinks the Walnut is some kind of terrorist device and decided to get a closer look at it. Most package spend one day at the airport but if it's three, well maybe they are trying it out. I hope it gets by in a few days

Free burn in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back