1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Next

Last
  1. yacobx
    I like this

2. musicday
    I got my Walnuts today finally :grin::grin::grin:
    The build quality and the sound is much better than I expected.
    Photos and impressions later.
    Very happy so far.

3. Saoshyant
    Ah, so now it seems I'll want to possibly order a few op amps to go with the Walnut.  So as this'll be my first time rolling amps, at least it's an easy process.

4. Thomas De Brito
    do you still have the Tera player?

5. musicday
    Yes, every day for the last 4 years.

6. weedophile
    Hmm do u guys know of any reputable opamp suppliers in aliexpress? U guys make me feel like rolling them lol

7. Thomas De Brito
    when you have time can you do a small comparison nothing big. Just want to know if the difference is huge

8. musicday
    So far I like what I hear. The sound is a bit metallic, hopefully things will change after the burn in.
    This is very early so cannot make comparison yet. As expected the micro sd card was fake and corrupted. Wish it has a full SD card, as I have my music in WAV anyway for the Tera Player.
    Some photos so you can see the size vs Tera Player.
    DSCN2233.jpg

DSCN2234.jpg

9. groucho69
    Mine was 10 days to Canada at New Year

10. groucho69
    I was always well aware of the process so I'm not sure why this is an issue. Vapman detailed it in this thread.

11. hakuzen
    Found the iBasso IT03 (luckily) and measured them with Walnut; D***2 as well.
    And measured max Vrms (before clipping/distorting too much): it's 3.67Vrms (not bad for a $25 DAP :wink:)
    [thanks to @Samueru Sama once again for teaching me to measure it correctly]

Walnut_uAllMultiBA.png

After watching the IT03 curve, I bet Walnut makes them sound much brighter than other DAPs do (good for people who consider IT03 a bit dark; not my case, I still prefer listening to them as their makers intended, now at least).

I have to re-post the graph with other kind of phones.. (note they have different scale than previous graph)

Walnut_uAllNoMultiBA.png

peter123 likes this.
  12. vapman

Please check the faq on post #3, your background noises will disappear with a little more use!!

13. vapman

I am so glad you finally have them. Can't wait for the tera vs walnut thoughts after some time. I have 5 more on the way... :grin:

I actually agree i might prefer full SD

Thomas De Brito likes this.
  14. musicday
    Yes Vapman,they are finally here and am very happy and thank you for all the support for us Walnut V2 owners.I love how powerful thie music player is.Was well worth the wait and apart from the fake card all is good.
    Will be hard to implement a full SD reader?

15. macky112

You are not the only one, I even made a post in the benjie s5 forum asking for comparison against ruizu. My ears hear what you hear, but the rmaa chart shows less roll off than what I hear. which makes me really curious

First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Next

Last