Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #76 of 3,631
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #77 of 3,631
*scratches head* you sure those LEDs are organic? hmm...... 
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #78 of 3,631
Both have things in common.
  1. So good myself and others bought multiples 
  2. they got rave reviews by word of mouth after trying
  3. no bitterness in either they are special
  4. HAVE to try them to understand
  5. both "certified" NUTS
ph34r.gif
they're also both good for you

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #79 of 3,631
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #80 of 3,631
I'm using my brand new Yinman HIFI earbuds from Taobao on my Walnut. The sound is ridiculous. $30 earbuds for a $30 player and the resulting sound is..... stupidly good. 

Chronic sub bass boosters will be able to enjoy this DAP. I certainly do. It's by no means overwhelming or in your face but it's got enough sub bass power & presence to keep everything lively.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #81 of 3,631
I'm using my brand new Yinman HIFI earbuds from Taobao on my Walnut. The sound is ridiculous. $30 earbuds for a $30 player and the resulting sound is..... stupidly good. 

Chronic sub bass boosters will be able to enjoy this DAP. I certainly do. It's by no means overwhelming or in your face but it's got enough sub bass power & presence to keep everything lively.

With iems, how's the pairing... Did u try it with XB90EX?

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #82 of 3,631

Got a link for buds? 

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #84 of 3,631
With iems, how's the pairing... Did u try it with XB90EX?

Man I haven't used IEMs in months... can't stand em anymore, but xb90ex is the last set I still own! I'll try it out and report back.

+1, I'm interested as well. Actually I'm thinking about investing in high end earbuds to pair with the walnut. Anyone has suggestions?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up is an excellent earbud specific thread, that said, i haven't found any earbuds that I own that don't play well with it (and I own a LOT of earbuds). the higher ones ones just usually sound nicer :)

Zen 2 is a great one, the Cypherus ones are supposed to be amazing but I've never heard one, and some very cheap buds can be quite amazing. Asura 2.0 is also great... TY 650 is an awesome choice if you want neutrality and detail and a linear bass light sound signature. I could go on and on.... Red De'mun has to be one of my favorites, and Edimun V3 as well.

Got a link for buds? 

taobao only IIRC.... I used Mistertao to find & purchase them.
I got the 150 ohms
http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/537019842110.html

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #85 of 3,631
[ATTACHMENT=3781]IMG_20161210_140801.jpg (451k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Any idea, what device with two pots is next to the bare Walnut V2

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #87 of 3,631
FLAC and WAV are both lossless - so there is absolutely 0 difference in sound quality - only difference is FLAC is compressed. imagine FLAC as a zip file, WAV is what's inside.... file size is bigger because it has a constant bitrate, whereas FLAC is variable bitrate. you could even use WAV instead of FLAC on the S5 if you want to, it won't sound any different. :wink:

so the competition is how the S5 sounds with either flac or wav versus the walnut with the same WAV.  

it's generally agreed so far walnut can sound better than xduoo x3, which sounds better than s5... :wink:

[rule]

24 hours of this thread in 15 minutes, and 4 pages and almost 60 posts! thanks for all the enthusiasm all =)

Wow is it can sound better than x3? For real? Im getting closer to pull my trigger now haha
There is a local seller in my place but they sell it around 35$. Still worth it?

Walnut is WAV and MP3

Yes I'm sorry I didn't understand audio properly haha :)

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #88 of 3,631
Wow is it can sound better than x3? For real? Im getting closer to pull my trigger now haha
There is a local seller in my place but they sell it around 35$. Still worth it?
Yes I'm sorry I didn't understand audio properly haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you try it before buying it?

35 is not bad, if it is in a store and espeically if you can try it out first. with shipping from eBay it is about 31usd, from Aliexpress 26-32 USD.... only really cheaper if you get it direct from taobao ($17 + shipping)

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #90 of 3,631
  @T.R.A.N.C.E.
I will be happy to correct the thread description if it is not dual mono after all. This made me think it was:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-POWER-Walnut-V2-hifi-fever-MP3-player-lossless-master-class-/272386301194?hash=item3f6b7d1d0a:g:FZ8AAOSw8w1X49Nt&rmvSB=true

I have not investigated my PCB yet which I should do when I can take a break from it.

I had a look, there is only one chip that acts as both the cpu and dac. It can't be dual mono as the left and right channels come out of the same chip which isn't even a standalone dac, the chip is an unknown, but whatever it is it sounds pretty neat, would put some dual mono setups to shame for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back