1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last
  1. DBaldock9
    While it may not be fully Balanced from Input to Output, the F1 certainly does have two Differential Line Driver chips, driving the 2.5mm TRRS Balanced Output.

There are three different pin-compatible models of Line Driver chip that can be used in the F1. The socketed op-amp that drives the 3.5mm TRS Single-Ended Output, also feeds the input of the Line Drivers - so op-amp rolling is easy (except the battery obstructs taller devices).

The Zishan DSD uses a pair of OP275 op-amps (soldered on the board) to drive its 2.5mm TRRS jack. It sounds good, but easy op-amp rolling requires adding sockets. Note: There are space restrictions in the DSD, as well.

LaughMoreDaily and Rhino73 like this.
  2. Podster
    I second KimChee on the Walnut stack, the F1 will drive a pair of Infinity Kappa 8's I believe:rolling_eyes: OK, maybe not Kappa 8 Emmitt's but for sure anything portable you can throw at it:wink: They are a match made in heaven with the Havi B3 Pro's:grin:

Havi Nutz.JPG

3. BruceBanner
    I'm looking for a more slim line amp solution (for exercise/work). I wonder if there is an thin amp that is approximately the same dimensions that I could have on the rear of a walnut?

4. Podster
    Xduoo QX10 would be a little smaller than the Walnut but would work. Not as powerful as the F1 but drive any gym phones I believe.

5. KimChee
    Headstage Arrow is a thin very good sounding amp. Kind of regret selling my 3G, but I don’t really need it with any of my mobile setups. Robert makes the amps slowly and is very noncommunicative

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  6. BruceBanner
    Yes, I have long wanted to own a Headstage Arrow, the price has always put me off, it's so expensive (not saying not worth it, but my balance just doesn't really allow for it). I am really attracted to his treble and bass boosting features, something that I think is really lacking in every other portable amp (name ONE other amp that has treble adjustment... :confused:).

Honestly it looks like it would be the perfect pairing to the Walnut, it could neatly fit on the rear of the walnut, but then man... that is one expensive screenless DAP rig... ouch.

It's one of the reasons I went with the cheap Fiio A1, small, light, adjustable bass (including reduction in bass). Kinda wish Fiio would just release another A1 (A2?) and improve upon it's design. The A1 drives my headphones enough through the Headphone port, I think Line Out is still too low in volume, I think... been a long time since I checked.

7. DBaldock9
    My previous post was from my phone, where I didn't have this info easily available.
    Of the three, I've a slight preference for the AD SSM-2142-PZ.

**** Single Channel Differential Line Drivers to use in Walnut F1 ****
    01.) TI DRV-134-PA - Single Channel Differential Line Driver (stock in F1)
    02.) AD SSM-2142-PZ - Single Channel Differential Line Driver
    03.) THAT 1646-P08-U - Single Channel Differential Line Driver

8. LaughMoreDaily
    What do you mean by the socketed opamp also feeds the input of the line drivers?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  9. DBaldock9
    This is a block diagram of the F1 circuit -
    IMG_20190708_062301.jpg

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  10. KimChee
    Yeah I wish it was about $300 or so, for the price and size I also liked the Topping amp it was relatively cheap and sounded pretty good and was semi smallish.

11. alex5908
    Del

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  12. alex5908
    Could you extend on the modification? What do you mean by "modified"?

13. alex5908
    Del

14. alex5908
    Where did you get those silicone bands from? Could you share the link to buy them from?

15. Podster
    LaughMoreDaily and alex5908 like this.
First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last