1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234
236 237
Next

Last
  1. Themilkman46290
    I didn't like the 8066 felt it got too harsh, bit the opa827 aren't bad

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  2. LaughMoreDaily
    I'll give the 827 a bigshot when I can. Thanks for the mention. I find Zishans are much easier to find opamps for.

PS: I'm using the 8066AR in the V2S. It's good.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. nhumdorn
    Using it right now. Superb sound (MUSES 02 opamp) quality!

4. nhumdorn
    Should anybody create a new thread for Walnut Hi-Fi F2 WAV (& MP3) Player please?

DBaldock9 and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  5. LaughMoreDaily
    Is that balanced out or regular out? How does it compare to the other Walnut's?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. DBaldock9
    As a USB DAC (without needing to install drivers), or Analog Amp - my F2 sounds very good (with dual LME49710HA (TO-99) on DIP-8 header), but it is still limited to 16-Bit / 48-KHz WAV or MP3 files. The V2s supports many more file formats, but doesn't have the Balanced output.

7. BloodyPenguin Contributor
    My F2 just arrived today. I uploaded some of my favorites and am now taking for a test drive.

I have not had a chance yet to hook up any of my balanced buds yet, but I will.

Here it is with the ISN Rambo Earbud (and my V2S in the background).

[​IMG]

--

8. macky112
    I am interested in the F2, how does it compare to Walnut V2, Zishan Z1 in terms of SQ and driving power?

9. DBaldock9
    I've used my F2 with four different op-amps (Stock OPA2604AP (didn't really care for its sound), Dual LME49710HA (TO-99 case) on DIIP-8 header, OPA1622 (VSON-10 case) on DIIP-8 header, Burson V6 Classic Dual Discrete on DIP-8 header).
    While it will support a uSD Memory Card up to 64GB, I've currently got 51 albums, saved as WAV files (1 file per album - allows easy skipping between albums, but no skipping between tracks) on a 32GB card.
    As a DAP or USB DAC, the F2 is limited by its AC1082 chip (very simple DAC, which only supports 16-Bit/44.1-KHz & 16-Bit/48-KHz MP3 and WAV files).
    I'm currently listening to it as a DAP, with the Burson V6 (the top obviously doesn't fit, with an op-amp that's twice as tall as the case), in Balanced mode, with some homemade Beryllium 600Ω Earbuds that have great low Bass response.
    It actually sounds pretty good with CD quality WAV files, although it may be a bit warmer sounding than the Zishan devices.
    With the 600Ω earbuds, turning the Volume knob more than about 90°, makes the sound too loud (in my quiet living room).
    I don't have very many headphones, and they all have Single-Ended cables.

10. KimChee
    I saw the F2 on the Walnut page and was curious as I have V2, V2S, F1 and Zishan Z1, but no one is talking about Walnut since the V3 disaster.

11. BruceBanner
    Can you point me to the Walnut page I couldn't find it.

I own the Walnut V2, pretty happy with it, I just wondered if there was a new one released, was really hoping for a smaller one by now (for gym/running etc).

Also, is anyone amping with this? I've paired my Fiio A1 with it, have to say I quite like it, wondering if anyone else has stacked this thing yet (and if so, what with)?

12. KimChee
    It’s on Facebook, it’s Walnut and Zishan enthusiasts. About half is in Wnglidh the other half looks like Tagalog

13. KimChee
    I have the walnut 2vs and walnut F1 stacked. Curious about F2, the Walnut stack is amazing

14. DBaldock9
    The F2 sounds good as an Amp, but has a very limited file format support as a DAP - just MP3 or WAV tracks (16-Bit / 44.1-KHz or 48-KHz).
    The V2S also supports FLAC and APE tracks, and High Res up to 24-Bit / 192-KHz - so when combined with the F1, you get High Res and Balanced Output.

15. LaughMoreDaily
    Someone on the Zishan Facebook group said the Walnut F1 doesn't have true Balanced Out?

Do you think it's as good as the DSD Balanced?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
First

Back
225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234
236 237
Next

Last