1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
Next

Last
  1. Ynot1
    Ok, I add my 2 bits. After F1 and V2, chances are further improvements will end, and that is my speculation. We will no longer get better performance if we stand to allow collusion influence competitive behavior. I guess this is China so unlike the US where China protects their citizens employment market with policys like "you must build factories here to gain market access" there is no opportunity loss. Therefore head fi's only concern would be would walnut and zishan v series keep getting better. Back to what matters, Walnut V3 is not released.

On a side note, please don't quote me as I want to reserve the right to edit my statements in the event you know happens.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. DBaldock9
    I've finally ordered the replacement capacitors for my Walnut V2.
    Decided on some that are a bit larger than stock (capacitance & size), but that should still fit inside the case.

noknok23 and golov17 like this.
  3. golov17
    Interesting to result..

4. silverfishla
    What is it that you expect to gain by switching out the caps? I've got a few caps on order too. One to replace the Chenxian black one. Have you tried the Sparkos Lab opamp? It doesn't fit by a long shot in the V2s, but it's sound is a step above all other opamps that I've tried (including the Burson and Muses02, both of which I like). I'm probably going to have to cut a hole and make a "turbo hood" for the V2s because it sounds so good in there. As good as going out to an external portable amp.

5. DBaldock9
    With the larger output caps, and changing the output resistors (and possibly the circuit gain), I'm hoping to get better low Bass response & performance from my V2. (Also looking into getting a Walnut F1 (Balanced) Amplifier, to use with the Line Out on the V2.)
    I haven't done much Op-Amp rolling in the Walnut, but so far, in my Zishan Z1 - of the Op-Amps I've tried, the one I like the best is the LME49720HA (TO-99 round metal case).

6. silverfishla
    I just ordered the Walnut F1 since it was so inexpensive, to play around with. I've got a bunch of opamps since I went on that journey with the Z1. I figured I would also have a bunch of "single" opamps too since I am piecing my DIY Millett Nutube headphone amp build (there's a thread about it in the DIY section). I also ordered a Z2, since I accidentally stepped on my Z1 when the cover was off and crushed it. Still can't figure out by the comments if anyone really thinks that the Z2 is actually an upgrade to the Z1.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  7. dmz555
    anyone here who can give an impression on walnut f1?
    Im wondering if walnut f1 plus burson v6 vivid will sound good on its 2.5 balanced PO.

8. Ynot1
    The cost difference between balance and se F1 makes me wonder if the amps are in dual mono or not? I thought the dual mono gives better chanel separation.

9. macky112
    I am curious about the Walnut F1 and have some questions:
    1. is the 2.5mm version balanced only? or does it also do 3.5mm SE out too?
    2. and on the 2.5mm version, is it SE in and gives true balanced out?

10. dmz555
    Waiting for walnut f1 balanced version users.

Arrancarjoe likes this.
  11. DBaldock9
    I've got an F1 ordered, but it hasn't arrived yet. CKLewis took a long time to ship the Zishan Z1 that I ordered, but I'm hoping the Walnut F1 is delivered more quickly.

From the product description on AliExpress - "Balanced Version = With 2.5mm Balanced out Interface and still have 3.5mm interface" - which implies the 3.5mm Power Out is a standard TRS jack.
    Also, there's only one 3.5mm Line In, so I'm fairly certain that it has a phase-inverter, to allow the Single-Ended Input to drive the 2.5 Balance Output.

dmz555 likes this.
  12. Ynot1
    Picture of F1 looks very pretty with symmetry.

13. macky112
    I am looking at CKLewis's Walnut F1 listing and this is what threw me off:
    "Balanced Version= With 2.5mm Balanced out Interface and still have 3.5mm interface"
    so assuming one of the 3.5mm jack is for SE input, the sentence I quoted from CKLewis makes it sound like the other 3.5mm is also an output interface, but is it for SE output?

so the 2.5mm Balanced version has both a balanced out and a SE out, right?

14. dmz555
    I think the walnut f1 balanced version has an additional 2.5mm balance PO aside from the 3.5mm Line In and 3.5mm SE PO.
    Im curious if the sound of its 2.5mm balanced PO is par with aunes m1s balanced PO.

15. Ynot1
    Anyone getting the F1 planning to mod the input to accept balance input?

I wonder if they could just make it balance input with an adapter to do se.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    noknok23 likes this.
First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
Next

Last