1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Next

Last
  1. macky112
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. DBaldock9
    What software program(s) do you use to create a single WAV file of all the (FLAC) tracks from an album?

I use JRiver MC22 to rip my CDs to FLAC files, but can't figure out how to make it convert the multiple FLAC files for each album into a single WAV file. It's very easy to convert each FLAC file to a separate WAV file, but there doesn't appear to be any settings for making a single WAV + Cue Sheet.

If you know how to do this task with MC22, please let me know.

If you use a different program, can it convert the FLAC files, without making any changes to the original files?

3. iJay
    Can't help with MC22 but Foobar 2000 can do that on the fly.

4. DBaldock9
    What do you mean by "on the fly"?

I've just downloaded and installed foobar2000 on my Win7 PC.
    Where are the settings for creating a single WAV file of all the (FLAC) tracks from an album?
    I don't see them in: File > Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Converter

Thanks,
    David Baldock

5. macky112
    Instruction in the second post of this thread, with screen captures

6. DBaldock9
    I've read the Second Post.

Where and how in foobar2000, do I get those pop-up settings screens to appear?
    Those settings are not in: File > Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Converter

Thanks,
    David Baldock

7. noknok23
    Hi David, right click on the tracks you want to convert, select them using either ctrl+A, or hold SHIFT and click on beginning and end of playlist. then go to "convert>>..." a window should open. go to "destination" and tick the box "merge all files with one output file". you can then make your own preset and save them for later

DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. macky112
    David, what you are looking at is the option to add/remove/enable/disable the converters themselves

Select the music files you want to convert and right click, then go to "convert>custom" from the pop up menu

That'll take you to where the screen captures on post 2

From there you can, edit encoding format options (FLAC wav mp3 etc) and also apply dsp (EQ, replay gain etc)

DBaldock9 likes this.
  9. DBaldock9
    Thanks!
    That works - Except - I'm getting errors whenever it's converting a multi-disc album.
    Even though all the FLAC files for any multi-disc album are in the same folder, I ended up having to create one WAV file per disc, rather than one per album.

10. noknok23
    Indeed I have the same bug (feature?)
    Only solution I can think of is to edit tags and fool foobar thinking it's all the same record.

11. DBaldock9
    In MC22, I name the FLAC files as they're ripped, using [Disc]-[Track] as the beginning of the filename - so they're sorted in the folders on my PC.

With foobar2000, I'm just naming the WAV files as: [AlbumArtist] - [Year] - [AlbumTitle] ([Disc])

EDIT: Just found out that if you put the word "Album" inside square brackets [], this Forum software doesn't display that text, or any of the rest of the line you've typed.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  12. noknok23
    Mmhm yeah i had some troubles with how to make the data bracket filename work because they don't really explain anything and you need to do trial and error sort of. If only album show up, probably you did something wrong with the syntax. But unfortunately i have no idea what it is.
    The foobar option to convert given is this walnut guide is convenient because it's a flexible audio player that run well on any computer and probably being used by many (it's actually my main audio player). If you are not satisfied with the conversion tool they have, maybe you should look for something more "specific".
    Foobar 2000 is only an audio player after all :) check this link, many options offered

13. DBaldock9
    In foobar2000, I ended up using this pattern to create the WAV filenames: %genre%_$directory(%path%,2)_%date%_%album%_%disc%

This sorts the album files in the order I wanted - Genre / Artist / Date / Album / Disc#

Now, I just need to upload them to the MicroSD card for my Walnut v2, and Zishan Z1.

14. Sulbh
    Can someone please tell can walnut be used as an amp if yes then good is it compared to budget amps like topping nx1 or bluebird u3?

15. Sulbh
    Can someone confirm which aliexpress seller is seller walnut with swappable op amps?Is cklewis selling it?

First

Back
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Next

Last