Waking up your GF
Feb 24, 2006 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

chia-pet

100+ Head-Fier
I have the hardest time waking up my significant other. She stays up all night reading/watching tv, and I always seem to involuntarily knock out early. Then when it's time to wake her up for class, she won't get up! Waking her up for an 8:30 class isn't too bad, because she's still fresh from having stayed up all night. The worst is when she has a 10:30 class or so, so she's already been sleeping for an hour or three. I only have a success rate of 50% or so...

I've tried setting two far alarms. I've done two close alarms too. I've made her mad, I've kissed her and hugged her, I've blasted music, I've pulled the covers off of her, I've poked her to the point of irritation. Nothing seems to work well.

So the question is: How do you wake someone up?
confused.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 92
I always found the salad tongs worked wonders.

. . .
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis
I always found the salad tongs worked wonders.

. . .
smily_headphones1.gif

confused.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
The best way is to make her sleep early, it's simple as that. Human body has a limit u know.

Agreed. I've tried to make her read during the day so that she can sleep during the night, but she's dodges her work! Then when I try to make her sleep, she has the unbeatable excuse of needing to read!

Maybe we can turn this thread into suggestions about how to make a procrastinator do their work earlier...

She's actually sleeping right now, I have to wake her up at 8:15. This is gonna be hell!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 92
Launch a rocket from a bazooka, that'll force her to get up.

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #11 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
1. Entice her with the smell of breakfast?

or

2. Chase her away with the smell of fart in bed
tongue.gif

( as a last resort )

1. Haha, I've actually done this. She eats the food then rolls over and goes to sleep.

2. I'm afraid she's desensitized to my farts. I rip them on an almost daily basis and lock her in the room with me.
rolleyes.gif
Besides, I don't know if I could perform under that kind of pressure anyway...

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Launch a rocket from a bazooka, that'll force her to get up.

Is this some kind of innuendo? If so, I love it! Must try rocket... from... bazooka.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #14 of 92
You have to give her something to look forward to getting up for, even if it's small. I've found myself going from comatose to perky with just a tiny random thought like "oh yeah, today I'm going to grab some all you can drink Coke over at Chipotle." it's the little things that keep ya going. also, find out what's so entertaining right before she goes to bed, and mention something about it in the morning like, 'hey, that CNN story you were looking at last night had a cool update, check it out when you wake up!'

edit - btw, this is what i call the "saturday morning cartoon" approach. or the "Xmas morning" approach. even the laziest kid will bounce out of bed for cartoons and gifts, even at an ungodly hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back