Waiting in Lines
Mar 3, 2008 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the longest/most-adjective lines people have dealt with? Funny line stories?
What do you think is worth waiting for and what makes you say "forget it I'll stay at home/go later"?

A friend wants me to buy her a limited edition Supreme shirt on Thursday, Snoop Dogg is making a Best Buy signing appearance in Manhattan in a week and some friends are thinking of trying to see Arcade Fire for free in Cleveland tomorrow. Not sure how early I/my friends should get there or if it's even worth it.

Longest I have waited was 8 hours for a midnight showing of Episode III. Mainly just got there early for fun, had tickets ahead of time or course. Totally worth it though. Never dealt with black friday lines, but know some people who have gotten amazing deals.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 25
Black Friday - 5 hours in 5 degree weather with 20mph winds and light ice rain. In other words a normal winter day in Alaska
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 25
About three hours in line for the Georgia Scorcher roller coaster.

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black Friday - 5 hours in 5 degree weather with 20mph winds and light ice rain. In other words a normal winter day in Alaska
biggrin.gif

Don't you just love that? My roommate and my cousin had never seen Black Friday so the year before last, they wanted to go to the Black Friday sale at Walmart. Only someone on campus told them to get there 3-4 hours before opening, so them, myself and my sister were standing around outside Walmart for 4 hours at -35 degrees (-40 with windchill). And somehow, I was the only one intelligent enough to have brought a hat and gloves along.

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 25
I was waiting in line at a Victoria Secrets one day while i was buying their cologne "very sexy for him #2" when there was this lady in front of me returning some stuff. i was not really paying attention to what was being said until i heard how she wore some underwear last night and it kept crawling up her crack or something. i looked up from the ground and seen the size of her ass then looked up further to see her take out the underwear and display them like a flag (stretching them out while she held them high). my eyes opened and my mouth dropped when the chick who worked behind the desk asked someone else to open up another register for me.

it's one of those funny little things in life you wish you did not see or hear..
eek.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was waiting in line at a Victoria Secrets one day while i was buying their cologne "very sexy for him #2" when there was this lady in front of me returning some stuff. i was not really paying attention to what was being said until i heard how she wore some underwear last night and it kept crawling up her crack or something. i looked up from the ground and seen the size of her ass then looked up further to see her take out the underwear and display them like a flag (stretching them out while she held them high). my eyes opened and my mouth dropped when the chick who worked behind the desk asked someone else to open up another register for me.

it's one of those funny little things in life you wish you did not see or hear..
eek.gif

Thanks for the visual.
eek.gif
Some things can't be un-seen once seen.

Probably the longest I've waited in line is at Cedar Point for the latest roller coaster. It can run upwards of 2 hours to get on the popular (newest) rides.

A lot of the older rides we used to wait 1-2 hours for can now be boarded in 10-15 minutes. Everyone wants to ride the latest and greatest, but some of the older rides are still a lot of fun.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #11 of 25
Longest I waited was over 90 minutes to get on "The Hulk" at Universal Studios. It was hot, stinky, and I had to wii.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #12 of 25
Standing in line at Best Buy in the wee early hours trying to get a Wii. My mom and I were at one BB, while my dad and sister were in line at another.

So after 2-3 hours of waiting in the freezing cold, the sun finally started to rise, and after a few calls to my sister, it was obvious that they wouldn't be able to get one.

At that time, a BB employee was giving out tickets to the first 35 or so in line. It was driving me crazy with nervousness watching him go down the line (the first couple people in line had tents erected and the whole 9 yards...that sounded dirty), and then it stopped right before me.

I was bummed out, and almost all the people behind me left in disappointment. But my mom said that we should wait around just in case, and lo and behold, a few minutes later when the guy came back for ticket updates, I was given one! Yup, I was the last person in the line to have access to getting a Wii.
biggrin.gif

That's probably the most extreme case of waiting in line I ever had to do, and I sure hope it was the last time. But knowing my luck, it's probably not.
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #14 of 25
I haven't waited in line since I stopped working at Best Buy. The crazies waiting outside for a day to get $20 off of a camcorder really turned me off to the idea of waiting in a line. I'll wait in line for a roller coaster though, my friends and I are usually in line together so the time passes pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back