Resolved: Wacky notifications
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2020 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I used to get notifications when anybody updated a thread I am subscribed to. For the past month or so it feels like I'm only getting notifications for some threads and not others. If I look in my Watched threads I see many updates to threads I'm subscribed to but never got notifications for.

Is there some simple thing I'm missing?

Thank you.

May 7, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 16
Getting the same piecemeal notifications and fewer over time.

May 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 16
Before the site redesign, my watched thread notifications worked 100% of the time. After the redesign, they went from inconsistent to just spontaneously ceasing entirely. My last email notification from head-fi.org was 13 days ago (May 10). That's pretty seriously broken.

May 23, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 16
Before the site redesign, my watched thread notifications worked 100% of the time. After the redesign, they went from inconsistent to just spontaneously ceasing entirely. My last email notification from head-fi.org was 13 days ago (May 10). That's pretty seriously broken.
in that case, unwatch all threads, then recreate the watches that you want.

May 23, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #7 of 16
in that case, unwatch all threads, then recreate the watches that you want.

No so practical if you have 10 pages of watched threads. Maybe somebody could write a script and run it for all users?

May 23, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #9 of 16
I have re-watched and started watching some threads for the first time. But the notifications are still unreliable.

Thanks. So it's not only impractical but doesn't help :frowning2:

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 16
Hey site mods, any progress on this problem? I only get email notifications to about 4 threads I'm watching. No rhyme or reason to it from what I can tell. Un-watching and re-watching doesn't seem to fix the issue. It's really annoying and I'd say if the email alert feature doesn't work, you should just turn it off site-wide.

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 16
I’m not sure but, the threads I comment always seem to give notifications but if I haven’t viewed or interacted(with a comment or like) I don’t seem to get notifications

edit * although I find it strange I got this Notification

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 16
I’m not sure but, the threads I comment always seem to give notifications but if I haven’t viewed or interacted(with a comment or like) I don’t seem to get notifications

edit * although I find it strange I got this Notification

There is something to the not-interacting with aspect of it, since I just went through a dozen of the threads I'm following on the website and that triggered one of them to send me an email notification of a new post. But I can't seem to find any consistent pattern to the problem.

Aug 20, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #14 of 16
If anyone is not receiving as many alerts and email notifications as they'd like, make sure that "Persistent Alerts Enabled" is checked in account preferences and verify the settings under "Receive a notification when someone…" on the same page. You can also make sure that your email notifications are set properly for all the threads you follow on the watched threads page. At the bottom of the page check the box that says "Select All" and then choose "Enable email notification" from the dropdown. If you don't want to receive email notifications for all threads that you follow, you can select threads individually above and then choose "Enable email notification" down below. Finally, press "Go." This will confirm that email notifications are turned on for all selected threads.

Screen Shot.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back