WA6 VS Darkvoice 337 for HD650
Nov 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

leothan

Head-Fier
Hi ,I currently I am using the DV336SE with the HD650 and quite like the sound of this amp ,intend to upgrade to DV337(stock) or WA6 (stock) but still confusing which one to chose bc price almost the same
type of music :Vocal ,semi classical ,new age .
Plz help me give commend on this two
Thank you

Nov 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 12
As a DV337 owner,i must say, i do not think it lacks detail or sounds too warm.
I was surprised how dynamic and neutral it sounds.it really brought the hd650 to life.

But taking into consideration the problems the DV company seems to be having at the moment,the woo may be the more logical choice.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 12
I agree with you, Wasp131. The DARKVOICE 337 and 3322 are not warm or lacking in detail at all. They are very neutral, detailed and dynamic, and are ideally suited for the HD650s.

Due to differences between the two brothers who owned DARKVOICE, one half of the duo has formed his own company - LA FIGARO. As far as I know, DARKVOICE is still operating, but there have been some serious quality control issues. BOYIER, who distribute DARKVOICE worldwide, have assured us that quality has been restored, but that statement has to be supsect while the uncertainty continues.

If you really want a 337, buy from a reputable E-Bay seller like JASMINE_CHINE.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 12
I first heard about DARKVOICE's problems on the LUCY FROG AUDIO website: they are - or were - distributors of DARKVOICE in the UK, but have ceased to sell the brand because of bad quality control and lack of customer service.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I first heard about DARKVOICE's problems on the LUCY FROG AUDIO website: they are - or were - distributors of DARKVOICE in the UK, but have ceased to sell the brand because of bad quality control and lack of customer service.

I was all set to get the 337 from Lucky Frog but he did say that he was having trouble with them but didn't elaborate so I have decided to go for the WA6 instead.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 12
I have owned a maxxed out 6se and have listened to the 337.

Performance wise, the SE would be a fairer match for the 337 than a woo audio 6 and a much better buy (well worth the extra cash over the 6).

I would say that even with stock tubes, the 337 is an amazing listen (through k701s) and in many areas matches the 6se in terms of power, dynamics and stereo separation.

The 6se offers some SET magic all of its own thats hard to explain. Perhaps with better tubes the 337 could come very close.

The 337 is a very good amplifier and will not dissapoint.

Woo Audio are an excellent company. Skip the 6 and go for the the standard 6se.
Almost double the power of the 6, with dedicated high and low impendance jacks for ultimate headphone choice flexibility.

I personally want a WA5 for my K1000s but lack the capital..

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #10 of 12
Thank you very much ,actually I got the deal for the 337 in my hometown ,so I will not need to pay any fee for shipping ,but for the Wa6 ,I will need to ship it from USA with the cost about 150$ more compare to the 337

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote for a WooAudio product over China made DV... DV will be too warm for my likings and lack of details.

That statement is just laughable,the 337 is anything but warm and lacking in detail.Do your research my friend
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back