WA6 + γ2 DAC *or* WA7 *or* Lyr + Bifost
Aug 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

herro

Head-Fier
I was running a γ2 with a Bijou SE (http://www.cavalliaudio.com/diy/bijou/main.php?page=overview), however I am now amp-less as I let go of the Bijou. Headphones being driven are Sennheiser HD 650s. At first I was planning on keeping the γ2 and getting a WA6, however I am also entertaining the option of selling the γ2 and picking up the WA7 (amp/dac combo).

How would the DAC on the WA7 compare to the γ2? The only thing that concerns me about this other than quality is that I would also be losing coax/optical input as the WA7 only has USB.

From reviews/specs it seems as though the amplification and output wattage on the WA7 is superior to the WA6, but only with included tubes.

I've also been looking at the matching Shiit Lyr/Bifrost combo (how would the bifrost compare vs γ2? If I got the bifrost i would sell the γ2).

Another thing is that in the near future I am also planning on getting new phones, likely Audeze LCD-2 (or even 3?) and maybe Bayerdynamic DT880s to compliment my HD650s. Would I need to consider the WA6SE/Lyr over the WA6 or WA7 for the audeze phones?

What would be the best solution when considering these headphones and the γ2 which I currently own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back