WA5 LE or WA22? What a tough call
Apr 5, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 23
Unless he is feeding SE input to WA22, the WA22 really needs to use balanced input to take full advantage.

Ye that's what I mean, Jack said it's essential to use a balanced set up for WA22, not sure if that includes Headphone, the one i have with me is a complete package from a friend. I'm running Wyred4sound DAC-2 ( this baby offer a lot features and SQ for that price lol ) with balanced IC. Just wonder how the HPs gonna change from Balanced to SE cz i'm pretty satisfying with WA22. However I'm going to buy my own amp , and I can't hold my friend's amp for too long, so I would try to seek other options , the WA22 is my safe now. However the Leben300xs seems also very promising. I know it will drive Leben300xs with no problem what's so ever, but not sure about the HD800, and other phones .

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 23
Really surprising to hear you thought the WA6SE was superior in SE mode. Guess it's worthless if you don't run it in balanced mode.

ye that's exactly what Jack said, the WA6SE upgraded would outperform the WA22 run in SE mode.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #21 of 23
This is how jack rated the upgrade

EML tube

Sophi tube

parts upgrade

other stuff.

I was only asking about the WA6SE with tube upgrade and Parts upgrade. Although Jack didn't answer it with much detail.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #22 of 23
I've heard the WA6SE and WA22 in a meet , WA6SE has better dynamic , more energy in to it. Giving me a feeling of SS or something. Can describe it. but WA22 just at better in other aspects. Although the time I had with both of them together was rather short and lacking complete focus.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:
I've heard the WA6SE and WA22 in a meet , WA6SE has better dynamic , more energy in to it. Giving me a feeling of SS or something. Can describe it. but WA22 just at better in other aspects. Although the time I had with both of them together was rather short and lacking complete focus.

witch one would you think will perform better with LCD-2 in audiphile way,like sexy sound,big warm pleasure bass    and witch one would be better in studio way,like transients that arent sharper than real but not smoothed out,with LCD - 2 to make flattest FQ,imaging,separation,soundstage....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back