W5000 Owners' Amp Registry
Jan 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #136 of 185
I am using a maxxed WOO WA2 for my W5000's. Looooooove it!

cheers
Simon

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #137 of 185
I'm using W5000 with Yamamoto HA-02.
Primary (and the only one) source is CD CEC TL51XZ as transport with CEC DX71mkII DAC.

The second pair of headphones, used equally frequent as W5000, is AKG K701.

Jan 17, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #139 of 185
minivan, I'm really delighted with my present setup. I'm using the same source while listening on any of my two speaker setups and in all the cases the source is really wonderful. I own the present combo for a year now. The CD plays for me for two years. These two years are strange for me
smily_headphones1.gif
in a way, as it is the first time in my (not so long - 8 years approximately) audiophile experience when I do not feel the urge to change/upgrade the source. As I consider HA-02 to be pretty neutral (with a tad of warmness added) I can asses source virtues using Yamamoto/AKG/a-t setup pretty well. I can say this: CEC combo is excellent - it is musical, it's detailed and revealing, it's well balanced and it gives you all the pleasures listening to the music should.

Of course taking into account my tastes and hearing (I'm not-too-young, y'know
wink.gif
).

CEC is relatively popular where I live and I know several people using CEC equipment. As far as I know all of them are happy with it. One indicator of the satisfaction is that this equipment hits SH market really seldom!

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #140 of 185
OK. Would it be suffice to say that amps with W5000 synergy would also work with the W1000? And if so, I have not noticed any mid tier SS amps mentioned like the EC/SS or CKIII. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #141 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by inzynier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minivan, I'm really delighted with my present setup. I'm using the same source while listening on any of my two speaker setups and in all the cases the source is really wonderful. I own the present combo for a year now. The CD plays for me for two years. These two years are strange for me
smily_headphones1.gif
in a way, as it is the first time in my (not so long - 8 years approximately) audiophile experience when I do not feel the urge to change/upgrade the source. As I consider HA-02 to be pretty neutral (with a tad of warmness added) I can asses source virtues using Yamamoto/AKG/a-t setup pretty well. I can say this: CEC combo is excellent - it is musical, it's detailed and revealing, it's well balanced and it gives you all the pleasures listening to the music should.

Of course taking into account my tastes and hearing (I'm not-too-young, y'know
wink.gif
).

CEC is relatively popular where I live and I know several people using CEC equipment. As far as I know all of them are happy with it. One indicator of the satisfaction is that this equipment hits SH market really seldom!

thanks inzynier for the info about the cec dac, there seem to be very few people own this dac? very little info about this dac. how much does it cost for this dac in your place?

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #142 of 185
another proud owner of the HA-5000. looks beautiful next to my w5000's, l3000's, and lavry. actually it looks great next to anything.

Number 000407

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #143 of 185
minivan
I've heard that nowadays Russia is the biggest market for CEC equipment.

You can get DX71mkII here for ~$1600..3000, depending on the source.
The only complain I have is that it is like Ford T: you can choose any color you want providing it is champagne gold  It does not agree with my preferences, tastes etc. but what can I do? It is so good piece of hardware that I went for it despite the ugly color…
As a bonus you get a really good (!) headphone output.

Jan 20, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #146 of 185
HeadRoom 2007 Desktop Portable. Versatile amp!

Jan 21, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #147 of 185
W5000 with Headroom THE MAX, reference board, stepped attenuator..
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #148 of 185
I have been using Zana Deux with Mullard ECC35 as the driver tube to drive W5000 for awhile now, really liking the combo (beats out Yamamoto HA-02), intimacy vocal, fuller body, open soundstage and better separation, slightly more detailed as well.

Primary source: Bel canto dac3

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #149 of 185
My amp entries have been the AT-HA5000 and RSA Raptor since Dec. 2006. I'm replacing them on the list with the Zana Deux.

I prefer the Zana Deux over both the HA5000 and Raptor with the stock W5000. The ZD minimizes the W5000's tendency to sound thin and lacking body and maximizes its strengths: details, sense of air/space and imaging. I think tonality is better and more realistic. Bass textures and impact are very good. Soundstage width isn't quite the size of the HA5000's, but maybe some tube rolling will result in some improvements.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #150 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My amp entries have been the AT-HA5000 and RSA Raptor since Dec. 2006. I'm replacing them on the list with the Zana Deux.

I prefer the Zana Deux over both the HA5000 and Raptor with the stock W5000. The ZD minimizes the W5000's tendency to sound thin and lacking body and maximizes its strengths: details, sense of air/space and imaging. I think tonality is better and more realistic. Bass textures and impact are very good. Soundstage width isn't quite the size of the HA5000's, but maybe some tube rolling will result in some improvements.

Don't say that....The W5000 is my favorite can of all time. I only got rid of them because I had a chance to get the K1000. I'm looking to add another pair and an amp/dac to be my main rig right before summer. I was looking at the raptor, because I could save a lot of bucks in comparison to the ZD. Are the two even close in performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back