W2002/300SEI Magic
post-172973
Post #1 of 2

mwb

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I am going to sell a pair of Audio Technica ATH W2002...original boxes, manuals, plastic etc. The headphones have less than 25 hours on them so they are not even broken in yet. They are flawless.

To drive them I have an equally flawless Cary 300 SEI with matched Western Electric 300B tubes. THe tubes have roughly 40 hours on them so they are not broken in either. THe Cary comes with all boxes and manuals and is flawless. Let me point out that the Cary is designed as an integrated amp rated at 15 watts and IMPORTANT FOR HEADPHONE LISTENERS Cary designed the headphone circuit to shunt to the output tubes when engaged so that you get the full sound off the $800 matched set of tubes.

Please do not leave private messages for me but use my email address : mwb@tranquility.net.

I can supply provenance for the phones and since I posted here alot when I was researching what to buy, I will be posting in both the amp and heaphone sections as soon as I can get the time.

I will supply home number so you can call and talk if you are serious about purchase.

I am asking $3,000 for the set--- The Cary alone was $4,000.

Thanks for the interest and the great community here.
Michael Bratrud

post-173229
Post #2 of 2

mwb

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
There is an older Cary CAD 300SEI listed on Audiogone for $3150...that is $150 more than I am asking for the Newer Cary with practically new Western ELectric 300B tubes AND I AM THROWING IN a new pair of AUDIO TECHNICA ATH W2002 headphones....I am offering this for sale here first because this is where people were kind enough to help me shop for this system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)