w11jpn pads on w10vtg fone?
Oct 24, 2008 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

panda

1000+ Head-Fier
could someone post a comparison on fit & sound between the stock vs 11jpn pads on a w10vtg? i'm primarily interested in comfort first, but i'm afraid the velour pads might mess up the sound??? and where can you purchase replacement pads?

Oct 24, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't have an answer for you, but I have to say I love the stock pads on my W10VTG. It is by far the softest leather of any AT cans and the fit is great. I'm thinking of putting W10VTG pads on my W2002s and W5000s if they'll fit.

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 8
The suede leather pads on the W11JPN will fit on the W10VTG. Both pads are equally as comfortable to me. However some people develope hot and sweaty ears when wearing a set of cans with leather pads for long periods of time. For that reason, some listeners prefer velour or cloth earpads. I don't think swapping the W11JPN pads onto the W10VTG will change it's sound much.

As far as replacement W11JPN pads, I'm not sure if you can get them anymore. I haven't seen them for sale on any website including Audiocubes. The leather replacement pads you can get them from Audiocubes.

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 8
sixty dollars for friggin pads!??? i have always preferred suede/microfiber over leather and would like to give velour pads a try but not at that ridiculous price.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sixty dollars for friggin pads!??? i have always preferred suede/microfiber over leather and would like to give velour pads a try but not at that ridiculous price.

Considering a pair of hard foam Grado flat pads costs $40, this is a deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back