VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Jun 6, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #1,157 of 1,164
Today my 3rd pair of VSD5 crapped out. This is a month after my 4th pair of VSD3 quit working. Before I buy another VSD5, has anyone found a good alternative to them? I have other IEMs that are technically better, but nothing with large and airy stage that are as comfortable as these.

KZ ZS5v1 , are very similar in soundstage and detail

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #1,159 of 1,164
Is there a place that still sales the V1?

I just ordered the Fiio F9 Pro, based on the reviews should be close.

No, they haven’t been sold in a year or more.

I would ask on the KZ thread if anyone wants to sell theirs. I would also make a WTB post in the for sale area.

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #1,161 of 1,164
What kind of glue is Vsonic using? My last pair of VSD5 that mostly sit in storage fell completely apart. Picked them up and the side popped, the glue just disintegrated, took the other side off with my fingers like it was never glued. I was like OK, I'll just glue them back but then the driver magnet just fell down, no tug or nothing, the membrane and coil just unglued from the magnet. This one was a spare so it sit in a closet most of the time, was over 3 years old. Most of the other VSDs I only had for about 1-2 years, glue was fine but it was the cable that did them. This is some bull glue that degrades, wouldn't be mad if only the covers came off, but the damn magnet fell down, there's no putting that one back.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #1,163 of 1,164
72° F, +/-5° year round in the house, controlled humidity too. I was thinking maybe I've touched them with some hand lotion or something, but that doesn't explain the interior driver coming undone. This was one of the first batches so maybe they changed it. Up to the 3 year mark everything looked fine, other than the cable turning green and rubber yellowing.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,164 of 1,164
Yeah, that inside temperature wouldn’t do it. Neither would hand lotion. You would need a strong solvent to dissolve epoxy, such as acetone, xylene, toulene, lacquer thinner, etc.

Even cheap $2 Elmer’s white school glue will last for years without just melting apart.

I would say it was just crap or defective materials. Hopefully my VSD5S don’t suffer the same fate, as they only get light use a few times per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back