Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #106 of 204
I'm curious, does anyone else think it's difficult to tell the left and right earpieces apart? I don't think it's hard, but I may be alone in that opinion.

And I like plain, unadorned, black plastic. I'd rather remove the clutter than replace it with functional clutter.

I've had the GR06s for a really long time now. They threw me a little bit at first, but I can put them on correctly in the dark now. They only really fit one way. And I must be a weirdo because I don't really mind the 16. Tbh, it makes it easier to tell them apart from them 06s without having to actually LOOK at them.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #107 of 204
I just received my VSD2S and AN16. Lucky for me, the cord on my AN16 has no visible flaws. It's too early for first impressions, except to say that I like them both, but neither quite matches my GR07.

As far as I know, the specs for these (especially the AN16) aren't easily findable online, so here they are.

AN16:

VSD2S:

Thanks for getting these for the an16.

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #108 of 204

I'm curious, does anyone else think it's difficult to tell the left and right earpieces apart? I don't think it's hard, but I may be alone in that opinion.

And I like plain, unadorned, black plastic. I'd rather remove the clutter than replace it with functional clutter.

if the numbers say 16 in your ears, you have them in correctly (left/right).

Also, do you know how hard it is to take a decent picture of your own ear?

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #109 of 204
Very early impressions of course

VSDS2 has great bass and mids, but treble is a bit brittle and harsh.
AN16 is very smooth and flat, maybe a bit bass-shy (coming from Fidelio X2 
beyersmile.png
)

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #111 of 204
Hi everyone, received my two VSONIC IEMs in the mail yesterday after waiting a month for them to arrive. I haven't opened the VSD2 yet, but I did open the AN16 and I must say it is kind of disappointing. The highs are very harsh and piercing and hurt my ears. This is after 10 hours of burn in. Do they get any better? I hope they do.

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #112 of 204
  Hi everyone, received my two VSONIC IEMs in the mail yesterday after waiting a month for them to arrive. I haven't opened the VSD2 yet, but I did open the AN16 and I must say it is kind of disappointing. The highs are very harsh and piercing and hurt my ears. This is after 10 hours of burn in. Do they get any better? I hope they do.

You're not going to like the VSD2 if you think the AN16 has piercing highs. I thought the highs were pretty rolled off on the AN16.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #113 of 204

You sure you opened and listened the AN16 not VSD2?......

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #114 of 204

Maybe try foam tips to mitigate that some? I listened to my AN16s sans burn-in and it sounded good OOTB.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #115 of 204
I did not open the VSD2S yet but the AN16 are wonderful.  I cannot imagine an IEM that better suits my taste for twice what I paid.  I've owned a bunch of budget IEMs such as the BrainWavz R1, Ety MC5 and others.  These are by far better than those.  Whether they are truly better or just suit my taste better I'm not sure but I'm very happy. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #116 of 204

You're not going to like the VSD2 if you think the AN16 has piercing highs. I thought the highs were pretty rolled off on the AN16.

I will try them on later today.

You sure you opened and listened the AN16 not VSD2?......

I'm not sure actually, but I think the 16s on the IEM are a good hint :) 

Maybe try foam tips to mitigate that some? I listened to my AN16s sans burn-in and it sounded good OOTB.

You mean the foam tips that come with them? I think part of the reason why they sound so nasty is because of the eartips. I don't think any of them do me justice. Can anyone recommend some better ones I can buy?

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #117 of 204
The AN16 do not sound sibilant at all to me, using the foam tips as well. It's very neutral without being honky, or telephone-like.
The VSD2S is way more zingy. I need to EQ down the ~3,5kHz range on my phone to make them enjoyable.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #118 of 204
So many people are starting to complain about the an16 that I'm beginning to wonder if there is some sort of quality control issue here. Mine are less harsh than my old GR07BE.
And I'm really glad I got the VSD2 instead of the 2S. Yeah, they are a bit sibilant, but if you've had vsonic gear in the past, it's nothing shocking. I think the added bass helps alleviate the tinny sound some people were observing.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #119 of 204
After probably 25 hours of use I have found that the AN16 can be a bit shouty or harsh, not really sibilant though. It's more of a upper mid thing to me than high enough to be sibilant, but it is not prevalent and only shows up in tracks that are very prone to that sort of thing. They have tamed a bit from OOTB.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #120 of 204
Btw did anyone else notice the VSD2S's package says "Bass enhanced"? It's a bit strange because out of VSD3 and VSD3S, only the VSD3's package said this, the S was supposed to be less V-shaped with normal bass. I heard that would be the philosophy with VSD2 and VSD2S too though, so I'm not sure if it's intentional or just a mistake.

Another interesting thing: the AN16's included specs are pretty much identical to a GR06 variant's specification (except of the higher impedance on the AN16), which I also found quite interesting as it has the GR07 drivers and the housing shouldn't matter that much in specs IMHO. Maybe as a limited anniversary product, they just just didn't bother measuring it and thought they can't be worse than the GR06 so they just gave those specs? Just my theory :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back