Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #136 of 204
Well for one, it's fair to compare any 2 earphones, IMO.

Secondly, i'm not even comparing the earphones 1:1, I was just doing some back-to-back testing. Same source, same file, same volume, I just switched earphones and was alarmed at how much louder the VSD2S were.

Well I for one think it's sensible to compare watermelons to headphones.

Secondly, I don't even do it accurately.

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #137 of 204

In comparison to the VSD2S, watermelons have both strengths and weaknesses. I love their squishy wetness, but sound comes through clearer on the VSD2S. So much clearer that I'm beginning to suspect my watermelon is a dud. I sent the manufacturer an email, but I've yet to hear back from them. LMUE's customer service is way better.

Despite quality control issues, I really enjoy my watermelon. I've compromised by replacing the tips on my VSD2S with watermelon. This gives me the best of both worlds: squishy wetness and clear sound. Alas, I have to append a caveat to this strategy. If you're frustrated with how often foam tips need to be replaced, watermelon definitely isn't for you. Better to stick with something that lasts a little longer, like pineapple.

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #139 of 204
  Yeah, other people and I noticed that too. It seems like the VSD2S has a peak exactly at the frequency that common source noise has.

Btw, EQing down the 5,6 and 8kHz range really helps the VSD2S.

That might be the likely reason. I still think that they're WAY louder across the board (not just certain frequencies leading to that perception). My AN16 might be defective, perhaps? But I don't think they're much different from my old GR07 pair when it comes to SPL levels.

Quote:

Secondly, I don't even do it accurately.

Excellent on-topic retort/reply.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #141 of 204

In comparison to the VSD2S, watermelons have both strengths and weaknesses. I love their squishy wetness, but sound comes through clearer on the VSD2S. So much clearer that I'm beginning to suspect my watermelon is a dud. I sent the manufacturer an email, but I've yet to hear back from them. LMUE's customer service is way better.

Despite quality control issues, I really enjoy my watermelon. I've compromised by replacing the tips on my VSD2S with watermelon. This gives me the best of both worlds: squishy wetness and clear sound. Alas, I have to append a caveat to this strategy. If you're frustrated with how often foam tips need to be replaced, watermelon definitely isn't for you. Better to stick with something that lasts a little longer, like pineapple.

Couple that cool, squishy wetness in your ears with a Hot day, and you're onto a real winner. I do agree that the VSD2 wins out on actual sound transmission from device to ears.

Interesting to read about the quality control issues. Have you considered that you might be getting fake watermelons? I hear that there are some realistic imitations on the market, which can be spotted by the quality of the cool wetness :)

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #142 of 204
Oooh, I had those...
eaa761231472f16ffa8f7a125f6deac1.jpg

Watermelon definitely not as clear as the Vsonic.

May 2, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #147 of 204
  No more AN16 on LMUR website :frowning2:

It was kinda secret sale w/o any notification.....Yeah, but if you still like the color and want to get a very nice sounding pair of IEM,it's absolutely ok, at this price bracket (get VSD2) and/or if you cld wait for some more time and watch closely you might see the free AN16 along with, when stocked?......

May 2, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #148 of 204

It was kinda secret sale w/o any notification.....Yeah, but if you still like the color and want to get a very nice sounding pair of IEM,it's absolutely ok, at this price bracket (get VSD2) and/or if you cld wait for some more time and watch closely you might see the free AN16 along with, when stocked?......

I just got an email from LMUE that said the free AN16 was a mistake and to contact them to cancel if you do not want them to send just the VSD2/S.  So, check your email. 

May 2, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #150 of 204
I just got an email from LMUE that said the free AN16 was a mistake and to contact them to cancel if you do not want them to send just the VSD2/S.  So, check your email. 

Well you could always argue the case that it was false and misleading representation. But becomes a bit murky under international transactions I imagine. And even then lmue can't hand over what they don't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back