VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 31, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #706 of 2,003
Quote:
I got VSD1 a few weeks ago, I've burned in it for about 100 hours using XLO System Burn In track, but still this IEM prone to sibilance. I'll leave the VSD1 to burn-in for next 100 hours, hope it will go better. Any suggestion?

Strange. I thought that I was sensitive to sibilance, but I must not be - at least compared to you - because I don't think that I have ever heard the vsd1's get anywhere close to sibilant. What is your source, and which tips are you using?

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #707 of 2,003
Quote:

Strange. I thought that I was sensitive to sibilance, but I must not be - at least compared to you - because I don't think that I have ever heard the vsd1's get anywhere close to sibilant. What is your source, and which tips are you using?

I tried the VSD1 with my desktop setup, Mini-ITX PC - FiiO E10 Line Out - Cmoy v2.02 BB (with BB Off). The track I played was "Stay Awhile" by Susan Wong - Close to You. To my surprise, I also experienced sibilance in playing "Old Cape Cod"  by Anne Murray - Croonin'. They are all good quality 320kbps MP3's. I have ATH-M50 which is very good playing the same tracks without any annoying sibilance. Do you think that I got the defect VSD1?

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #708 of 2,003

Same. I don't find these to be a sibilant IEM at all and I'm quite sensitive to it.

It's possible you're not getting a good seal. That would explain it.

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #709 of 2,003
Quote:
Same. I don't find these to be a sibilant IEM at all and I'm quite sensitive to it.

It's possible you're not getting a good seal. That would explain it.

I'm using standard tips, and they fit me very well. I'm sure I got the good seal. :)

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #711 of 2,003
I purchased the VSD1 from reading the reviews here. I am also experiencing simbilance/hiss from multiple sources with known good material.
I am a newb, but I think it may be because of the low impedance. It is most noticeable from my ipod classic > FiiO lod > cmoy v2.02 > VSD1.

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #713 of 2,003
Quote:
I purchased the VSD1 from reading the reviews here. I am also experiencing simbilance/hiss from multiple sources with known good material.
I am a newb, but I think it may be because of the low impedance. It is most noticeable from my ipod classic > FiiO lod > cmoy v2.02 > VSD1.

hmm ... no wonder vsonic will soon be launching VSD1 with higher impedance, VSD1 special edition.
Just tried, the sibilance became worse when I connected the VSD1 directly to Galaxy S4.

Quote:
Out of the box my vsd1 were sibilant, but the sibilance is pretty much non existent after 70 hours of burn in.

My VSD1 still has very noticeable sibilance after 100 hours of burn in. Maybe stimer is right, because of its low impedance.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #714 of 2,003
Quote:
hmm ... no wonder vsonic will soon be launching VSD1 with higher impedance, VSD1 special edition.

My VSD1 still has very noticeable sibilance after 100 hours of burn in. Maybe stimer is right, because of its low impedance.

Nah, low impedance has nothing to do with sibilance. GR07 has higher impedance and has hotter treble. The VSD1 is less prone to pointing out sibilance than it. The gr04fe is also more prone to hissing even though it has lower sensitivity and 50ohm impedance As far as hissing goes - it's source dependent and of course depends on how loud you are pushing it. A lot of people just assume that just because an iem has higher impedance it doesn't hiss, which is not always true. The same is true the other way around when people assume that lower impedance iems are always easy to drive or that they always hiss. And in that line, 32 ohm impedance is not low impedance for an iem - 16 ohm or below is.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #715 of 2,003
Yes, it makes sense too. Thanks kova4a for your explanation.

I think so, because this is my first IEM. Previously I only have ATH-M50 which do not indicate that much sibilance, or even not at all. :)

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #716 of 2,003
Quote:
Yes, it makes sense too. Thanks kova4a for your explanation.

I think so, because this is my first IEM. Previously I only have ATH-M50 which do not indicate that much sibilance, or even not at all. :)

Lol if you find the vsd1 sibilant, try the jvc explosive lineup. They are some sibilant iem's right there. If the sibilance is still to much for you, go for the sony mh1c, which has the smoothest highs ive heard and do not have a trace of sibiliance.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #717 of 2,003
I read some information in Multi-IEM Review regarding sibilance in VSonic dynamic-driver. He said that sibilance, to varying degrees, was present in all of the VSonic dynamic-driver IEMs he had tried. :)

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #718 of 2,003
Quote:
I read some information in Multi-IEM Review regarding sibilance in VSonic dynamic-driver. He said that sibilance, to varying degrees, was present in all of the VSonic dynamic-driver IEMs he had tried. :)

Yeah, that's kinda true. Most of the vsonic are a bit prone to pointing out sibilance. The point is that first, VSD1 is definitely not the most prone to sibilance of the vsonic line-up and second, the VSD1 is not even close to what "much sibilance" is - there are way worse iems in that regard, some of which are way more expensive and people still like them for what they are. Overall, it depends on the individual and how sensitive he is to sibilance. For instance, I have zero issues with brainwavz B2 and don't find it sibilant but there are a lot of people who say they find it very sibilant and can't stand it, so I won't bash on your opinion on the VSD1 as with sound the experience can vary from one person to another. But yeah, something with more laid back treble like the sony mh1c will probably be more to your liking if you can get past its awful cable.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #719 of 2,003
I dont find VSD1 sibilant and to my ears the treble is just fine. i agree with wayne and kova4a, you can try MH1C if you prefer something with more laid back treble.
BTW, I just ordered VSD1 L.E and requested the pair with serial number 999 but told me they will deliver randomly, buyers can not choose the serial number and it will take almost 2 months before they can deliver. They told me , they will send my order on Sept. 20. 
frown.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #720 of 2,003
Quote:
I dont find VSD1 sibilant and to my ears the treble is just fine. i agree with wayne and kova4a, you can try MH1C if you prefer something with more laid back treble.
BTW, I just ordered VSD1 L.E and requested the pair with serial number 999 but told me they will deliver randomly, buyers can not choose the serial number and it will take almost 2 months before they can deliver. They told me , they will send my order on Sept. 20. 
frown.gif

where did you order the VSD1 LE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back