VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Sep 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #227 of 341
I bought the VC1000 at Led Me Ur Ears .com and I am waiting the parcel now. But the problem is that  I am afraid about the issues that some of you got with this earphones.

When I was looking a place to buy them, I checked ebay and I asked to a seller who sell the VC1000 amount 5  or 6 of them. I asked a single question about the warranty that he or she even didn't know to answer. Maybe because he did not understand me or because his English is not well enough. so I decided to buy them at other place and after check almost each seller online I choose Led Me Ur Ears. Although I am addict to ebay I decide that in this case the better option was to buy them at a place of confidence because the warranty. The price was the same than at ebay with free P&P and nice customer service so I got them ....  but I do not want to use the warranty if not use the earphones year after year without problems.

Did any of you have more problems with the VC1000?
More people with the same or similar problem?

I have several earphones of different prices of one, two and three years old and not issues with any of them even after I washed the most expensive one at the washer machine.

Reports please.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #228 of 341
  I bought the VC1000 at Led Me Ur Ears .com and I am waiting the parcel now. But the problem is that  I am afraid about the issues that some of you got with this earphones.

When I was looking a place to buy them, I checked ebay and I asked to a seller who sell the VC1000 amount 5  or 6 of them. I asked a single question about the warranty that he or she even didn't know to answer. Maybe because he did not understand me or because his English is not well enough. so I decided to buy them at other place and after check almost each seller online I choose Led Me Ur Ears. Although I am addict to ebay I decide that in this case the better option was to buy them at a place of confidence because the warranty. The price was the same than at ebay with free P&P and nice customer service so I got them ....  but I do not want to use the warranty if not use the earphones year after year without problems.

I have several earphones of different prices of one, two and three years old and not issues with any of them even after I washed the most expensive one at the washer machine.

Reports please.

Maybe you've had dynamic iems before.
Unfortunately armature drivers tend to get damaged when exposed to water, I don't know if they'll still honor your warranty.

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #229 of 341

Maybe you've had dynamic iems before.
Unfortunately armature drivers tend to get damaged when exposed to water, I don't know if they'll still honor your warranty.

I think the guy is still waiting for his VC1000 and would like to know the possible problems that he might encounter with this IEM.

I have VC1000 and other Vsonic models except GR04( still waiting for the VSD1  LE) and only experienced a problem with GR06 but they were replaced when I sent them back to Vsonic and the process took more than a week, quite fast because I am in China. In my experience, the build quality of Vsonic products is quite good and at par with well known brands. Just use them with proper care , I think they will last for years.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #232 of 341
So, I'm a novice regarding IEM's with one previous pair (altec lansing UHP336), which recently have broke.  Sound biasing to the left.  I bought replacement cables which didn't fix the problem and couldn't clean much without taking them apart.  Anyways, looking for a new pair in the 100-150 range and these have caught my attention reading forums here.  So, I saw that nulliverse brought up a few others in this thread including the GR07.

I was trying to decide between the GR07 and VC1000, and I found a GR07 sale making them similar in price.  I see one is dynamic and one is armature, and have read the differences but not listening to both in the past I can only speculate my preference really.  I mainly listen to hip-hop, with some funk/soul/R&B and 80s pop. Given those categories, i do like bass but not overpowering and prefer the well defined bass over the lower rumbling.  Vocals are also important to me.

Any recommendation between the two, or a different one to throw into the options.  I was leaning towards the VC1000 because it sounds the the bass might not be quite as strong but more defined.  From what i've read these both sound better for my person preferences over the r-50. My current over ear pair is audiotechnica ath-m50, if that sways thoughts.

Sorry for my probable improper vocab here and I appreciate any input you guys can give me on what to go with.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #233 of 341
Maybe I was misunderstood because English is not my first language.
I receive my VC1000 in the UK only a week after pay them at Lend me ur Ears and I can say that they are like a tiny wonderful piece of jewelery than sounds even better than my IE8.
I already know that the IE8 are good but also knew that there were a lot of earphones that sound better so I decided to seek other new earphones.
Like I said in my last post I was worried about the issues of people here with their VC1000 and I hope that nothing happens with mine because I do not want to be sending them to change them or nothing like that.
GR07 mkii or bass edition were one of my option and at Lend me ur ears cost the same or almost the same like the VC1000.
The VC1000 are small, comfortable, fit 100% "perfect" with the foamed silicon buds, the sound is clear and bass is just enough for everyone in my opinion and I could say it after 2 years with the IE8. Looks nice, they weight like a mosquito, the cable is good but I think the cable of the IE8 could be better than the VC1000 although If I am right the Vc1000's cable is made of silver/copper without oxygen but am not sure.
The little black bag to carry them is good enough and comes plenty of  "fashion" buds.
I will keep comparing the IE8 450$ and the VC1000 125$ for my own interest and of course I will never pay again more than 150$ for a good earphone....only if I win the euromillions lottery.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #234 of 341
  So, I'm a novice regarding IEM's with one previous pair (altec lansing UHP336), which recently have broke.  Sound biasing to the left.  I bought replacement cables which didn't fix the problem and couldn't clean much without taking them apart.  Anyways, looking for a new pair in the 100-150 range and these have caught my attention reading forums here.  So, I saw that nulliverse brought up a few others in this thread including the GR07.

I was trying to decide between the GR07 and VC1000, and I found a GR07 sale making them similar in price.  I see one is dynamic and one is armature, and have read the differences but not listening to both in the past I can only speculate my preference really.  I mainly listen to hip-hop, with some funk/soul/R&B and 80s pop. Given those categories, i do like bass but not overpowering and prefer the well defined bass over the lower rumbling.  Vocals are also important to me.

Any recommendation between the two, or a different one to throw into the options.  I was leaning towards the VC1000 because it sounds the the bass might not be quite as strong but more defined.  From what i've read these both sound better for my person preferences over the r-50. My current over ear pair is audiotechnica ath-m50, if that sways thoughts.

Sorry for my probable improper vocab here and I appreciate any input you guys can give me on what to go with.

I am by no means an advanced IEM guru, but have listened to a decent amount of IEMs (mostly BAs) and hopefully can lend some light on the matter.  The GR07s are great headphones (practically the gold standard for Dynamic IEMs in comparison to any other IEM in a close price range).  They have been around forever, are always compared to, and very universal.  The VC1000s are fast, fun, little IEMs that have surprisingly good low end.  I have only listened to the GR07 a little bit, but own the VC1000s so I will try to compare.  The GR07 sound good on a wide range of music, very universal.  Where as the GR07 will have solid, deep sound (think slow, rubble'y type bass) the VC1000 will not.  However, the VC1000 will excel with the frequency of the low end sounds (think of Bodybuilder vs. Athlete - neither slow, but better at different events).  

I personally prefer BA IEMs as I don't much care for the deep rumbles.  I've always been able to listen to BAs for a more extended period of time without my ears feeling tired.  I have owned the R-50s as well and would agree they are not for you (or most people for that matter).  Its hard to argue the VC1000 vs the GR07.  Most people would likely say if you can really get them for the same price, go with the GR07.  Personally, I'd probably still get the VC1000, but I realize I am a minority. (I listen mostly to Rock and EDM, but again I prefer the quick light sounding IEMs).

EDIT: Hope that helps a bit!  Good luck in your choice!

EDIT #2: I'll add that I have not been disappointed in the VC1000 one bit. A friend of mine dropped an earpiece into a cup of coffee, and after they dried out they've continued to work fine.  If I had to, I would have bought another pair of VC1000's again.  The best way I can describe the 'speed' of the mentioned IEMs - The GR07 would be like tapping a thumb, the VC1000 would be like tapping both your middle fingers, and the VC1000 would be like tapping both your pointer fingers. lol, hopefully that helps to compare their essences.

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #235 of 341
Nice Post.
I read a lot about the GR07 and the Brainwavz B2 before I bought my first good earphones two years ago and they were my favorites. But I finished buying the IE8 because bla bla bla.... And now, after 2 years I bought the VC1000 instead the GR07. I actually never tried the GR07 but for the review and the look they like me a lot. And I also bought the VC1000 instead the R-50 because I have my ears a little sensitive and I am not sure buy I remember have read that the R-50 could be fatiguing so I  decided not to buy the R-50 even being to a click of buy them in a couple of occasions.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #240 of 341
Hi guys!

I just got my VC1000 earphones! They sounds absolutely amazing after the initial time of burn in. I just got one huge problem with this earphones. They can't reproduce fairly wide range of bass. Some songs are just plain noise at a high volume level. :frowning2:

Now I am looking for the ultimate solution. The crystal clear high and mid range that VC 1000 easily brings, and clear, textured bass. Rather detailed bass than heavy bass.
Before I got this earphones I couldn't imagine what I really would like to hear. After I heard this, everything became so clear :)

So, do you think Sennheiser's ie80 would bring all the above mentioned, or do you have a better and cheaper competitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back