VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
May 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #151 of 341
Yellow tips for me! I have to say that I really enjoy these stock tips.

I am so unbelievably impressed with the VC1000.  I can't ever imagine these IEMs not being a staple in my set to listen with.  I am just so pleased at their overall performance, build quality, and price.  The pinkish color could just use a bit of an overhaul though 
blink.gif

Avicii - X You: Is an awesome example of a song that I think really does well with the VC1000.  EDM'ish but the bass performs exactly like how I would want it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpKyzSxVhk4

May 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #152 of 341
Well... this thread is like a desert, but I am loving my VC1000's.  I can't imagine anyone not liking the quality of sound, build quality, and accessories for $120.  They are simply wonderful.

May 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #154 of 341
Just received my VC1000 in the mailbox today & had enjoying it for the past 6 hours. Finally manage to find an IEM that really suits to my listening, Enjoying every bit of it. Worth every penny. :)

May 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #156 of 341
Quote:
Does anyone have isolation measurements (i.e., broadband isolation like those from Innerfidelity) of VC1000s? Do they isolate well enough for plane/train? Do they isolate as well as ER4s with foam? Thanks! 

I don't have exact measurements, but they isolate VERY well.

May 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #158 of 341
^ Thanks! Do you think that VC1000s isolate more or less than your R-50s or X10s? Have you tried VC1000s on airplane/train?

Definitely more isolation for me than R-50.

VC1000 have a rather deep insertion. Using Vsonics single flange silicon I was getting impressive isolation.

May 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #159 of 341
Thank you! That means VC1000s isolate more than -29 db broadband, which is the isolation level of R50s (per Innerfidelity).

Would VC1000s isolate as well as ER4s (-40 db) then? For airplane, even -40 db isolation is not overkill. I just don't like ER4s' brightness. My custom aceylic IEMs sound good but can only isolate around -30 db, which is barely enough.

May 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #161 of 341
Thank you! That means VC1000s isolate more than -29 db broadband, which is the isolation level of R50s (per Innerfidelity).

Would VC1000s isolate as well as ER4s (-40 db) then? For airplane, even -40 db isolation is not overkill. I just don't like ER4s' brightness. My custom aceylic IEMs sound good but can only isolate around -30 db, which is barely enough.

I haven't used ER4s.

VC1000 is actually very similar to wearing Klipsch x10, however the VSonic tips go deep into your ear canal and rather thick/oval shapped.

It certainly plugs up my hole pretty well. :p

May 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #162 of 341
These IEMs truly continue to astound me for the price.  Honestly, if you are on the fence about buying them, don't be.  Funny thing is, I almost like the sound of these straight from the source without the B&H attached.  For some reason it seems a bit airier to me (if that is such a thing).

May 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #163 of 341
Just used these bad boys on my first flight and the isolation was amazing.  As good or better than the X10.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #165 of 341
Got mine today, listened to them for the past hour and I just wanted to share my first impressions because I loved these guys 
dt880smile.png

Just to make clear, I'm not an audiophile. I'm just a noob which listen to mostly mainstream/pop/rock/r&b music 
tongue_smile.gif

So, I'll just make some comparisons to the R-50.

Starting with the bass, they have a little more quantity than the R-50, they're punchier with better impact. I liked much more the bass guitar on these too, it has more presence, along with the eletric guitar that have more weight in comparison to the R-50, which makes them excellent with rock/metalcore/post-hardcore. With the R-50 I had to pair them with E6 (EQ 2).

Another thing that I really liked about the VC1000 is that they don't have the same (sometimes) fatiguing trebble as the R-50, it seems that they "roll-off" (I don't know if it's the right term) right before it happens.

And now I can also discern with more clarity the sound of the piano and the violin on the background of some songs, which is awesome.

Overall they seems quite balanced to me, I guess that their frequency graph should be like a slightly "U" shapped curve. I also think they have a bit more micro detail than the R-50, but maybe it's just my imagination, as I didn't A/B'd both.

Soundstage-wise it seems they're a little smaller than R-50, but I'm not sure.

For acoustic songs I think I'd still prefer the R-50 over the VC1000 because of bit more forward mids and trebble.

Editing just to complement that they isolate more and fit waaaay better than the R-50 too (I hate their memory wire), I couldn't wear them while walking.
*I tested the VC1000 only with the double flange tips btw

So... I'm pretty happy with them now, I think I won't be looking for another pair for a long time 
L3000.gif

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back