VSONIC VC02 Thread
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #556 of 791
Quote:
Yep, they do look wierd! 
biggrin.gif

Did you notice any changes in their sound with that cable?

Hey, i thought that the treble got MAYBE !SLIGHTLY! brighter and more "agressive"... i could be wrong, though...
btw i'm just wearing them typing this, and i thought i would take a look in the mirror and noticed that i look kinda like an alien or something of that nature...lol i think ill swtich back to the Stock cable for use in public :D

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #558 of 791
After more than 300hours of burn-in.. . The highs are still kinda sibilant..i don't think it'll ever go away.. . I don't know if it's my source (RoCoo P w/ Studio DT-Dyanamic firmware) but a friend of mine who heard my VC02s on his Clip+ and another friend on an iPhone 5, they share the same views... HOT is the common impression. And flipping the drivers makes them more detailed and aggressive, but more sibilant (in my opinion). Using Ety triple flange tips tames the highs somewhat but kinda muffles the presentation a little... I tried inserting them really deep, still sibilant.. .Any of my fellow VC02 owners out there share the sams sentiments? These are awesome lil beasts, nevertheless.. . Just the sibilance.. . Or maybe because I came from the mid-centric single BA Westone UM1.. .

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #560 of 791
Quote:
After more than 300hours of burn-in.. . The highs are still kinda sibilant..i don't think it'll ever go away.. . I don't know if it's my source (RoCoo P w/ Studio DT-Dyanamic firmware) but a friend of mine who heard my VC02s on his Clip+ and another friend on an iPhone 5, they share the same views... HOT is the common impression. And flipping the drivers makes them more detailed and aggressive, but more sibilant (in my opinion). Using Ety triple flange tips tames the highs somewhat but kinda muffles the presentation a little... I tried inserting them really deep, still sibilant.. .Any of my fellow VC02 owners out there share the sams sentiments? These are awesome lil beasts, nevertheless.. . Just the sibilance.. . Or maybe because I came from the mid-centric single BA Westone UM1.. .

After a mid-centric IEM I had similar fellings too. Can't say exactly if burn-in changed the sound, or I got used to it, but soon I started to like the way vc02 sounded. The only thing I didn't like was soundstage (not large enough for me), that is why I didn't keep my pair. Also I remember that with stock tips my vc02 sounded more sibilant, but also more well-spaced. I think you should try several other tips.

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #562 of 791
Ok, after a few more observations, I found that irreversing the polarity (logo upside-down) makes the sibilance worse...  Keeping it right-side up makes the sibilance bearable and "realistic"... understandable... For example, on "One Sweet Day" by Boyz II Men feat Mariah Carey (I love 90s R&B and mid-to-late  90s rap) in the chorus, the voices and the instrumentals become shrill drivers flipped... But with the driver as is, there was still some sibilance but on some parts of the song where you can say "I can see why it could sound like that." At least it becomes believable. So I don't have the drivers reversed anymore. Besides, ljokerl's 8.1/10 review on these bad boys were with the polarity as-is and he never flipped them and made a conscious decision not to do so... 

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #564 of 791
Quote:

Its just with the tips, try using mee single flange tips(most comfortable) or the stock red tips (sounds the best for me), I can hardly hear the sibilance with those tips.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #566 of 791
I'm using the light blue tips that were included - I push them in and get a nice seal and they sound great - the bass is impressive for such a small driver - I have come to the conclusion that I have not been getting a good seal with my Monoprice buds - because the bass on the VC02 blows them away...

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #567 of 791
Just found the solution... Ety triples tames the treble but pulls everything else down..i just used the stock double flange, loosened my jaw, pulled back my ears, inserted them, twisted and got a deep insertion with a good seal... and the sound became better. Deep insertion is really needed for optimal audio performance..i got good seals with bigger tips but they were shallow..sibilance was more.. .sound was painful.. .my comply t-100 just tore...they were awesome with the VC02s.. .anyway, finally got my solution..

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #570 of 791
Hey guys. Can someone take a picture (cable down preferably) with these on? I would like to know if they stick out much. Really interested in a low budget iem for my morning commute. I sold

my RE-400 to pay for the Sennheiser HD 598. Thanks in advance  
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back