VSONIC VC02 Thread
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #526 of 791
I've always wanted the Westone UM1s.. . SQ?.. . I thought the VC02s were great sounding IEMs. Neutral to warm sounding.. . Great detailing.. . But it was a little too tame for me being used to the more "aggressive" nature of single BAs. Or maybe it's the source. The VC02s need more power to reach that potential. I did mention before that the VC02s were "BAs on steroids".. . In that they were armature-like in detail but with overall better dynamics, of course compared to single BAs like Feels Pro900, SoundMAGIC PL50 and even the impressive MEElectronics A151. I know its unfair to compare single BAs to dynamics..but the VC02 can rival them in detailing. . As for the Westone UM1.. . They are exactly what I want. Non-fatiguing with good details. Enough bass for me (most will say anemic... personal preference)... pretty mid-centric but not too much.. More comfprtable fit.. . i'm not really good at the describing. I'm sure I'll proly be corrected or worse, criticized by our more experienced brothers here...

By the way, before i sold my VC02s, I drove them from a Sony Xperia Sola with Poweramp, Xperia Fidelity sound mod and Noozoxoide app... . Then I sold my phone and an M3 and the VC02, bought a Westone UM1 and a Hisoundaudio RoCoo P... . Wish I could hear the VC02s through he RoCoo P...

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #527 of 791
Quote:
I've always wanted the Westone UM1s.. . SQ?.. . I thought the VC02s were great sounding IEMs. Neutral to warm sounding.. . Great detailing.. . But it was a little too tame for me being used to the more "aggressive" nature of single BAs. Or maybe it's the source. The VC02s need more power to reach that potential. I did mention before that the VC02s were "BAs on steroids".. . In that they were armature-like in detail but with overall better dynamics, of course compared to single BAs like Feels Pro900, SoundMAGIC PL50 and even the impressive MEElectronics A151. I know its unfair to compare single BAs to dynamics..but the VC02 can rival them in detailing. . As for the Westone UM1.. . They are exactly what I want. Non-fatiguing with good details. Enough bass for me (most will say anemic... personal preference)... pretty mid-centric but not too much.. More comfprtable fit.. . i'm not really good at the describing. I'm sure I'll proly be corrected or worse, criticized by our more experienced brothers here...

By the way, before i sold my VC02s, I drove them from a Sony Xperia Sola with Poweramp, Xperia Fidelity sound mod and Noozoxoide app... . Then I sold my phone and an M3 and the VC02, bought a Westone UM1 and a Hisoundaudio RoCoo P... . Wish I could hear the VC02s through he RoCoo P...

rocco-p is a good investment, um1 disappoints for an iem with that price tag, vc02's sounds really better (I'm not suggesting you go back to vc02). Get something in the higher end category like Rock-It R50 & GR01 or something cheaper like Hifiman RE400 next time around or wait for v7007 and tpeos 200 to be released. :)

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #528 of 791
Maybe to every man his own. The UM1s didn't disappoint me. In fact, I am enjoying them right now... (Yes, Peter, it would puzzle you).. . It's not that I wanna go back to the VC02s. I want both. Or anyway, I'm looking for a good entry level dynamic IEM to pair up with the RoCoo P. Too bad my VC02s are gone but they went to a very worthy person. . . For now, I will be contented and I AM contented with my Westones. I know for y'all it's like a little boy in love with his 3-legged puppy when he could have gotten a golden retriever... It suits me well. I'm more of a single BA person. I prefer this over the Westone 4s (auditioned them at Egghead) ... Still, selling the VC02.. .made me feel like, you know.. the one that got away.. . *sigh* 

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #530 of 791
Quote:
Maybe to every man his own. The UM1s didn't disappoint me. In fact, I am enjoying them right now... (Yes, Peter, it would puzzle you).. . It's not that I wanna go back to the VC02s. I want both. Or anyway, I'm looking for a good entry level dynamic IEM to pair up with the RoCoo P. Too bad my VC02s are gone but they went to a very worthy person. . . For now, I will be contented and I AM contented with my Westones. I know for y'all it's like a little boy in love with his 3-legged puppy when he could have gotten a golden retriever... It suits me well. I'm more of a single BA person. I prefer this over the Westone 4s (auditioned them at Egghead) ... Still, selling the VC02.. .made me feel like, you know.. the one that got away.. . *sigh* 

Well, if you're satisfied with the UM1, then you made the right choice for yourself. Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I prefer the VC02 over the UM1's. The UM1's were just to thin sounding to me.  

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #531 of 791
Actually, I love the VC02s.. . I regret letting them go... . And I didn't say that UM1s are better.. . In fact, yes, VC02s are better.. . UM1don't suck tho, for me... . That's just that.. . Wishin i still had my VC02s.. .ehehe..

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #534 of 791
Quote:
Very nice - I'm glad I have these. Now I'm going to have to find the same sort of sound in a higher end IEM - now that I know that this sound exists - it has to be available at another level.

Cheers.

Try the Yamaha EPH-100, or the new ATH CKN70. 
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #535 of 791
Quote:

Try the Yamaha EPH-100, or the new ATH CKN70. 
wink.gif

I have been very interested in the Yamaha's - It is one of the IEM's I have been considering - At $150, it comes close to being a chunk of $$ that could go toward customs - but I also am thinking of re-shelling my TF10's - I don't use them nearly as much as other cans - simply because of the fit. I am using the flip mod, or they'd see no use whatsoever.....

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #539 of 791
Quote:
I have been very interested in the Yamaha's - It is one of the IEM's I have been considering - At $150, it comes close to being a chunk of $$ that could go toward customs - but I also am thinking of re-shelling my TF10's - I don't use them nearly as much as other cans - simply because of the fit. I am using the flip mod, or they'd see no use whatsoever.....

You should try the Yamahas mate, you wont be dissapointed. 
wink.gif

I bought the Yams like 6 months ago, and now I'm selling most of my IEMs simply because I dont have time to listen to them anymore.

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #540 of 791
just got my vc02's today. wow, i can't believe how good these sound for the price. vsonic sure knows how to get the most bang for the buck. i'm surprised at how much bass these tiny little things produce. very pleasantly surprised with that aspect. the treble is a little hot, but i think that'll probably settle in after the 100 hours of burn-in they recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back