VSONIC VC02 Thread
Dec 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #137 of 791
I so don't need these but I'm going to buy a pair anyways just because of the 3mm dynamic driver that I have to hear what it sounds like plus $35 ($41 after shipping) isn't bad at all.  Its going to be nice to see how they compare to the MH1C but from some of the impressions I've read they seem to be a good little IEM for cheap.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #138 of 791
Now I know why I have stayed away from this sub-forum for a while...lol...Too many new products coming out very fast....

I am a VSONIC fan (R02PRO II, R04PRO, GR06 & GR07) so these have me curious, especially for the price...

I can definitely vouch for bigbargainonline with great customer service...

Decisions, decisions...

Cheers!!!

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #140 of 791
It's not a GR07 beater, but then it's a quarter of the GR07's price in the UK, so I wouldn't expect it to be.

The GR07 is, for me, more accomplished than this little VC02 in pretty much every department, but it most certainly is not 4 x the price more accomplished.

As a budget buy, the VC02 is the best thing I have heard so far up to the £100 pricepoint (which is what the GR07 costs in the UK) and makes my IEM's in the £40-£80 category, just sound completely outclassed by it. For the £25 that the VC02 is in the UK, I don't know of, and certainly haven't heard anything, that even comes close to being as good for the price.

EDIT: Just thought of one that beats them both if you get it at the head-fi discount price. The T-PEOS H-100, but while the H100 is cheaper than the GR07 with the head-fi discount, it is still twice the price of the VC02.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #141 of 791
Hope these really sound that good as every body is saying :D

How do they compare to gr02 (bass edition) ? (better/worse, better bass/mid/high)
I'm really thinking of buying these :) i do like bass, but i think "real" sounding music is maybe even better :D

And how is the sound leakage / isolation of these, i'm looking for portable headphone/ IEM for using in the train.

hope to hear from more impressions soon, these really sound promissing! :D

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #142 of 791
Quote:

How do they compare to gr02 (bass edition) ? (better/worse, better bass/mid/high)
I'm really thinking of buying these :) i do like bass, but i think "real" sounding music is maybe even better :D

And how is the sound leakage / isolation of these, i'm looking for portable headphone/ IEM for using in the train.

I would assume more neutral and resolving than the GR02, because the VC02 is part of the next-generation of Vsonic IEMs. Its meant to replace all their low-end IEMs, thereby streamlining their product line. Given Vsonic's track record, they must be immensely confident of the VC02's superiority over the GR02 et al to launch it in this position. Take my words with more than a pinch of salt though, because LendMeUrEars has not put it in their brick-and-mortar location for audition yet, and I thus have not auditioned it.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #143 of 791
Quote:

Can't compare to the GR02 as I haven't heard that IEM.

The VC02 are not a basshead IEM. They have enough bass and a balanced sound right across the spectrum. Bass has impact and punch, but don't be expecting a bassy signature. Isolation is good, but these are so tiny, you will need to be sure of getting a good tip fit. There is no leakage.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #144 of 791
Well, I've officially given up. It has been more than a month and still no news of my vc02. What started as me pre-ordering it from China 6 weeks ago, so I can be from the first people receiving it and comparing it to the competition, turned into an endless wait thanks to the crappy China Post. I have to admit though that they finally fixed their tracking site and it only took them 2 years. Apparently the way they handle my vc02 is by continously forwarding it to different offices where everybody is opening it as the latest status is again Opening. I just hope they are writing reviews as I can't. I guess I'll wait till the end of the year and order it from lendmeurears. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #145 of 791
Received my pair in 9 days from lendmeurears. I was expecting smooth mids and highs. Camparing VC02 with VS-R02 , I find that soundstage of VC-02 is wider, it is more detailed, bass is a little boomy. But there is harshness that is killing tracks like Adele - Rolling in The Deep. It is too annoying. VC-02 crashes Allegri - Miserere when it comes to female vocals. It always crashes when reproducing violin or female vocals, sometimes even male vocals. Pleople please tell if burning-in resolves this problem. If not I think I will return vc02 for exchange with GR02 Bass.

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #146 of 791
This is the burn-in patrol! 
Put your phones down, and step away from your source!! 

Leave them playing overnight a little louder than you usually do, and check back here tomorrow for impressions! 

smily_headphones1.gif

Boomy bass and some harshness usually disappear after the drivers have loosened up a little.

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #148 of 791
I'm not impressed by them too ( sorry my first post is here is kind of negative ) .. I do have Sony xba 1's as comparison and the VC02 sound much more compressed and shut in with a kind of flat tone from base to treble. They are not bad in my opinion..they remind me of of the Apple earbuds, which I can enjoy I must admit and the build quality is excellent for the money too.

But for a few Dollars / Euros more you'll by much better in ears IMO.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #149 of 791
Quote:
I'm not impressed by them too ( sorry my first post is here is kind of negative ) .. I do have Sony xba 1's as comparison and the VC02 sound much more compressed and shut in with a kind of flat tone from base to treble. They are not bad in my opinion..they remind me of of the Apple earbuds, which I can enjoy I must admit and the build quality is excellent for the money too.

But for a few Dollars / Euros more you'll by much better in ears IMO.

How much would a few dollars more be and which IEM's would you be referring to which would be much better than these? I still don't have my VC02's so I can't compare them to anything yet.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #150 of 791
Now I am getting a bit worried as I have a pair of these on the way. Hopefully they'll arrive next week.
Funnily enough I have an unopened XBA-1 in the drawer. The plan is to only open them if I don't like the vsonics, otherwise they are goung back.
As far as burn in, I did have sets with out of the box with boominess and sibilance which died down with use, but others that no amount of burn in would help, at least after the 10 first hours or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back