VSonic IEM Names.
Jan 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tquickbrownfox

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, Head-fiers.

I've been interested in purchasing some of VSonic's IEMs, but their atrociously confusing names have got me stumped.

Does the number mean a better IEM? (i.e., is GR07>GR06>GR04>GR02>GR01? by that math, where does GR99 go?) Could someone do a direct GRxx?GRxx>GRxx etc. style comparison etc?

Pro version? Flagship Version? Bass Edition? MK? R07/GR07? Which one to get? Is a particular version worse than another one, or are they just different? Does MKII mean revised version?

I doubt that I'm the only one confused about this. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 7
Why don't you describe the sound signature that you're after and maybe we can help you choose the right model. Also what kind of music do you listen to?

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 7
By pricing (Approximately), not necessarily quality.

GR99, GR02, VC02 (New), GR04 (Flagship, Professional), GR06, GR07 (MKI, MKII, Bass edition), GR01, V7007 (Upcoming)

The GR07 (MKI and MKII) is the most highly regarded. The Bass edition is relatively new, and hasn't quite caught on yet. Meanwhile, the GR04 is reputed to be a better "audiophile IEM" than the GR06, with the latter sporting a more consumer-oriented sound. The GR01 is a TWFK-based IEM, which is unique because the rest sport dynamic drivers (V7007 is a hybrid).

For more info, you're really going to have to read up on the threads of each, or check out the massive IEM review list by Joker.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
By pricing (Approximately), not necessarily quality.

GR99, GR02, VC02 (New), GR04 (Flagship, Professional), GR06, GR07 (MKI, MKII, Bass edition), GR01, V7007 (Upcoming)

The GR07 (MKI and MKII) is the most highly regarded. The Bass edition is relatively new, and hasn't quite caught on yet. Meanwhile, the GR04 is reputed to be a better "audiophile IEM" than the GR06, with the latter sporting a more consumer-oriented sound. The GR01 is a TWFK-based IEM, which is unique because the rest sport dynamic drivers (V7007 is a hybrid).

For more info, you're really going to have to read up on the threads of each, or check out the massive IEM review list by Joker.

Thanks tzjin, that was exactly the answer I was looking for.

Any speculation on V7007's release date/pricing?

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 7
^^ Reading through a few threads here, the speculation is about $350 usd and released somewhere around April. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back