VSONIC GR09
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #151 of 184
just to mention the Ares again, as there are some misinformative posts here, dunno if anybody has tried them already... actually the cheapest alumininum version for 159 USD carries the cnt drivers, and performs spectacularly, speaking of stage, details at the mids and lows, balance and control of the whole sound image...

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #153 of 184
Sep 26, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #154 of 184
Anyone can compare GR07 to one of these earphones (that I owned in the past)?

IE80
Pioneer CX7/8
Aurisonic ASG2/2,5

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #156 of 184
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #157 of 184
GR09 for 999CNY (around $150) https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=580932917899&skuId=3923869792820

Pretty good for the price, but I can understand why it's difficult to describe how they sound: they're really technically competent yet inoffensive in a way that differs from Final E5000, i.e. they're not as laid back but neither do they have excited highs like many phones do these days. I dig these sounds to be honest.

Edit: They have more bites with Spinfit CP100Z

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #158 of 184
I just got my pair of plastic shelled GR09's today and they're actually amazingly good. Anyone that enjoys warm/dark/downsloping signatures should do themselves a favor and give these a go. Fantastic timbre, musical, detailed yet completely non-fatiguing (I believe, so far, haven't used for long). I'm not one to hype stuff usually, but **** it, these are stupid good.

May 16, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #159 of 184
I just got my pair of plastic shelled GR09's today and they're actually amazingly good. Anyone that enjoys warm/dark/downsloping signatures should do themselves a favor and give these a go. Fantastic timbre, musical, detailed yet completely non-fatiguing (I believe, so far, haven't used for long). I'm not one to hype stuff usually, but **** it, these are stupid good.
Would you mind sharing where plastic version can be bought?

May 16, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #160 of 184
May 17, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #161 of 184
The link to tmall I gave above still have them on sale. Cheaper even at CNY 699 (around $100) though you can't see the price unless you log in to the site, taobao buying agents of your choice should show the discounted price.

May 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #162 of 184
Comparison between Falcon-C and GR09 I wrote for r/headphones, maybe someone will find it useful here:

Had to replace my GT3 Superbass due to crappy build quality and went with these two single CNT DD bois. I've set a strict limit of paying no more than 200€ per IEM as I feel their value starts to get exponentially worse after that point, in my experience. Falcon-C was 179€ from a finnish reseller and GR09 was 119€ from an Aliexpress sale. Source is Google Play Music > Fiio K3. No extended burn in, impressions are straight out of the box. For the record, I prefer a warm/dark/L-shaped/downsloping signature.

FALCON-C

• Not sure what to call the general signature. It's not THAT bassy or V-shaped... balanced maybe? The driver sounds super snappy, I'm actually surprised this isn't a hybrid.
  • Build quality seems pretty solid, should withstand a few dings and bangs if one wants to go mobile with them. Cable is very nice if a bit stiff, the heatshrinked ear hooks are perfect for my ears. Accessory set is nice, three different sets of tips, including Spinfits, and a very nice, if a bit small, hard travel case.
  • Fit is... ok. These don't really "lock in" as I find that most IEM's do, but instead rest in the ear canal. They sit there pretty good though, I can still move around without losing seal. Speaking of which, I could only get a seal with one set of the included ear tips, none of the others worked.
  • Bass is superb. A good amount north of neutral. Bit of midbass emphasis over subbass. Super punchy, great for fast paced metal and/or electronic music. Can rumble as well, hip hop bass lines are fun. Upper bass descends gracefully, no bleed into mids.
  • Mids are just slightly dipped, but nicely present. Fairly linear, no major emphasis anywhere. Very good. That's about it.
  • Treble is where the Falcon-C stumbles. There's a really awkward bump and spike in the lower treble, centered around 6khz-ish, that sounds tizzy and can get sibilant with poorly produced songs. Would probably be a dealbreaker if I had no access to EQ. I do though and with that spike brought in line, the treble is very nice, maybe just slightly grainy. The awkward bump does wonderful things to distorted guitars, super crunchy and exciting. There's another bump at 10khz-ish that gives nice sparkle, but can get slightly hot with the aforementioned poorly produced material.
  • Soundstage is OK, good width but not much depth. More in than out of your head. Imaging is excellent, holographic. I'm especially noticing new details in bass guitars/lines that I've never heard as clear before.
GR09

• General signature is definitely warm/dark. The technical capabilities are very impressive considering the warmth and that no part of the sound is particularly emphasized.
  • Build quality is fingers crossed OK. Vsonic obviously has a reputation for its QC issues, but externally all seems fine, so far. The rotatable nozzles are stiff as heck and creak a bit so I'm just not going to touch those thanks. Cable is eh, pretty stiff and tangly, will probably change it at some point. Smallish selection of tips, which is fine as the ones that were already installed were perfect. Ear hooks, good. Travel case is too small and soft, really have to shove em in there are it doesn't protect that well.
  • Fit is great, one of the things Vsonic is great at. All the IEMs of their I've tried (GR07 mkII, VSD1S, VSD3, this) have been extremely easy to insert and wear.
  • Bass is north of neutral. Bit more rumbly than punchy. No particular emphasis anywhere, excellent all rounder bass for a wide variety of genres. No bloat or bleed, very nice.
  • Mids are like a Disney theme park, ****ing magical. No Fartman target dips and bumps here, it's all linear baby, and sounds great. Musical and natural. All those buzzwords. Absolute highlight of GR09.
  • Treble is great, very much to my preference of being there, but not making a big deal of itself. There's plenty detail and even a bit of sparkle, but this is first and foremost a musical IEM, not analytical. If you want air, get a dog whistle. No sibilance or weird spikes, very smooth stuff.
  • Soundstage is very good, good width and very good depth. Some phase ****ery going on in the treble that gives reverbs a nice spacious effect. Imaging is ok, nothing special.
THE WINNER

GR09. Fits my personal signature preference extremely well. May lack some excitement and fun that the Falcon-C carries in bundles, but wins that over by being extremely easy to listen to for long periods of time. At the sale price of 119€ I paid for them the value proposition is absolutely crazy. The direct competition for this would in the price range of a few hundreds over this, closer to the original price of the ceramic version. I will also keep the Falcon-C though for the fun factor, but would probably recommend getting a 2nd hand pair for anyone interested. They're not THAT expensive as new, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back