VSONIC GR09
Jun 13, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #76 of 184
IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3351.JPG
The white ceramic looks better than the rendered pic on vsonic site.

Though it feels like a tooth or dentures when I hold it

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #77 of 184
The white ceramic looks better than the rendered pic on vsonic site.

Though it feels like a tooth or dentures when I hold it

Nice. Would really like some initial impressions and comparisons if you have the opportunity later. :)

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #81 of 184
Actually it is almost impossible to have same sound with plastic housing as the sound with ceramic housing. Housing is as important as the driver for such top rank sound IEMs. Vsonic do claim that they will manufacture plastic version of gr09 with the same price as ceramic housing gr09 now, around $280. Although the CEO said the sound would keep the same because, I highly doubt it. It is physically almost impossible to achieve this. The last batch of black ceramic housing gr09 will be on April 20th and the number of units will be only 20. After this the ceramic version will still exist after June 30th since there is no longer ceramic stock on market for gr09 housing now. After June 30th the ceramic version will be 2399 rmb (2499 - 100 voucher in official store), which is around $340. Btw, this is the price if you order it in China, and the overseas price is not available yet I think.
The reviews of gr09 yet are mostly positive even they put it on the around $800 price range IEMs which is the price range the company says gr09 can stand or even beat. There may exists some hype and the units on the market are pretty rare yet, but considering it is a $280 IEM I think it is certainly a good deal. I finally succeeded to order mine on 15th, the largest release with 120 units. I asked two of my friends in China to help me and I also woke up at 5am to buy it. The units were gone in 1 second and I succeeded to order it across the Pacific Ocean but both of my friends failed in China...
I disagree. If the materials are both hard, and and the internal volumes involved are the same, there should be no to minimal differences in sound. I suspect that the bore surfaces are the same and the volumes are the same. case body resonant frequencies will mostly be in the hyersonic range and those below will be very small, not easily excited and well damped for a variety of reasons. One reason why you don't see rear damping material in IEMs. Housing materials relative to sound are way overrated in hard bodied IEMs other than for durability or cosmetics. Why you still TOTL iems for makers like Sony, Shure and Westone still using some kind of plastic.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #84 of 184
hey people... any news about the sound?

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #85 of 184
Im on a trip for the next 4 days. so will have time to compare with GR07C and UE18Pro+. Will post soon as I can

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #86 of 184
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #87 of 184
Not sure if previously posted, but seems like measurement of frequency response is available here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/crinacles-fr-measurement-database-306-iems-measured.830062/

Seems like a further advance over the Gr07X. Gr07x set the 6K resonance a bit lower in comparison to the midrange which was evened out. Gr09 further warms the sound up by the looks of the graphs. Seems like a sound profile I'd be very happyt with, to be honest.

Comparison for easier viewing:

output.png

Green: GR09, Yellow: GR07X

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #88 of 184
Awesome, thanks mate!

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #89 of 184
hey people... any news about the sound?

I had couple of sessions with them since they arrived but these didn't impessed me much. Neither comparing to GR07X, nor anything else at their price point I've heard before. I hope it's a matter of new nano tubes diaphragm and it's need of a lot of burning in time because they started to opening up today as they reached around 100h. But GR07X still sounds more spacious and clearer than GR09 to me. The only advantage of GR09 right now is a subbass. Again I do hope they have just started to burning in since soundstage is getting wider and deeper and midrange is getting closer and clearer.

Paired with DX200 with AMP1 and AMP2.

@mykupyku You will get a chance to try them soon. Stay in touch :)

20170622_114137.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back