VSONIC GR07: Steal of the Century (Review)
Jun 12, 2011 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
Removed until I post the updated review.

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 9
Nice detailed review, although I'd have to disagree on your point with them being bright...I didn't find them bright in the slightest.  They were a little sibilant, though, but that's due more to a peak in the frequencies which cause sibilance...but overall, to me, the upper frequencies weren't very bright.

Could it be that you're listening to them too loud though?  If you turn them up too much they get extremely sibilant, almost to the point of being painful (almost as painful as the loudness...).

Also, what's this about part of it splitting?  I've never heard of that happening before.  I take it you'll post pictures of that tomorrow?

Oh, and one more thing, lendmeurears appears to be the only store that will ship them internationally, aside from random shops on ebay, so you should point to there in the review...people seem to have had pretty good experiences with them, I haven't seen any complaints.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 9
Nice detailed review, although I'd have to disagree on your point with them being bright...I didn't find them bright in the slightest.  They were a little sibilant, though, but that's due more to a peak in the frequencies which cause sibilance...but overall, to me, the upper frequencies weren't very bright.

Could it be that you're listening to them too loud though?  If you turn them up too much they get extremely sibilant, almost to the point of being painful (almost as painful as the loudness...).

Also, what's this about part of it splitting?  I've never heard of that happening before.  I take it you'll post pictures of that tomorrow?

Oh, and one more thing, lendmeurears appears to be the only store that will ship them internationally, aside from random shops on ebay, so you should point to there in the review...people seem to have had pretty good experiences with them, I haven't seen any complaints.

Thanks for the comment. I have them up about half volume. Maybe I wasn't using the right tips. I found them to be on the bright side a little bit. Maybe it's just my ears though. Yes, I will post a plethora of pics tommorow including the damaged earphones. Thanks for the link to LendMeUrEars. I'll update the review for that! :)

Jun 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 9
Here are more pics!

Jun 12, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Great review. I'm thinkin gof a pair to compliment my DBA-02's. have read the similarities, but some people think they are just a slight step above the DBA's in areas I would like.

Can someone post a link to purchase them. VSONIC website is likely a practical joke, I'm not sure.

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 9
Hey, Austin.

Cheers for the great write-up. I've had the GR07s on my radar for a while now, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts. My brother has a well worn-in pair of EQ-7s and I find them too bright/sparkly for my liking. I'm currently using a set of Radius TWF-11s and love their warm, natural sound signature. I'm after something a bit more competent/detailed, but I don't want to lose that easy-listening warmth of the Radius.

What say you?

Thanks!

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 9
The VSONIC website isn't as terrible as you might think; only the homepage has an English version though. The GR07 description page is all in Chinese. But unless you just want to watch a video of the GR07 in exploded view, the site is pretty useless. You can't buy it directly off the website, whether in China, or anywhere else. Currently, as others have mentioned, LMUE is the only reliable international seller known. http://www.vsonic.com.cn/earphone_product_cn/GR07.htm

Quote:
VSONIC website is likely a practical joke, I'm not sure.

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #9 of 9
When you talk about sibilance at high volumes what kind of volumes are we talking about? Well above normal listening levels? How would these fare for everyday commuting on the tube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back