Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #212 of 270
Between MKII and BE, which one would be the better choice for music like Jamie Cullum, Diana Krall, Aerosmith, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, flamenco in general, bossa nova, Michael Jackson, maybe some Usher, Maroon 5 and Incubus? I'd be using either a RB'd Clip+ or a FiiO X3 My reference headphones would be the Audio Technica AD900, I want an IEM that sounds as similar to the AD900 as possible, but with a bit more bass. My only IEM reference would be the Klipsch S4, which I find to be a bit too muddy for my taste.

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #213 of 270
Quote:
Between MKII and BE, which one would be the better choice for music like Jamie Cullum, Diana Krall, Aerosmith, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, flamenco in general, bossa nova, Michael Jackson, maybe some Usher, Maroon 5 and Incubus? I'd be using either a RB'd Clip+ or a FiiO X3 My reference headphones would be the Audio Technica AD900, I want an IEM that sounds as similar to the AD900 as possible, but with a bit more bass. My only IEM reference would be the Klipsch S4, which I find to be a bit too muddy for my taste.

You'll prefer the MKII over the BE

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #215 of 270
The GR07's are an absolute steal right now on lendmeurears.com at about $130 USD. I got my BE during the closeout sale and I've fallen in love with them. For that price, I'd get a pair now and if down the road you're yearning for more, maybe pull the trigger on the updated Vsonic line. 

Just as I suspected. Now the dilemma, wait for the new line of Vsonic IEMs or jump on the GR07 train?

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #216 of 270
Quote:

Just as I suspected. Now the dilemma, wait for the new line of Vsonic IEMs or jump on the GR07 train?

I say hold off for now. No one wants to hear that the new line of products is much better than their current product. The GR07 is only going to get cheaper. That way, if the new line isn't as good as expected, you'll have rewarded your patience with some savings on the GR07.

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #217 of 270
Of course let's not forget that current GR07 is out of production now and GR07 Classic most likely will not use bio cellulose driver. We still don't know if will be on-par with current GR07 and then the only way to get the current one will be a used one.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #218 of 270
Quote:
Of course let's not forget that current GR07 is out of production now and GR07 Classic most likely will not use bio cellulose driver. We still don't know if will be on-par with current GR07 and then the only way to get the current one will be a used one.

Why would the Classic model not use the bio-cellulose driver? I think I will hold on now, the new models are supposed to come out on November, right?

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #219 of 270
Quote:

Why would the Classic model not use the bio-cellulose driver? I think I will hold on now, the new models are supposed to come out on November, right?

Because Vsonic doesn't like Japan anymore and bio cellulose drives are licensed by Sony (Japan). GR07 Classic should be out this month hopefully.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #220 of 270
I bought the GR07 BE. Price on lendmeurears was too good, plus, I got free shipping. I decided on BE because I wanted something more fun than my AD900, hopefully I'll get what I want.

I ignored all of your suggestions, I'm sorry lol. I found the price to be incredible for the IEMs I bought. They're proven and revised, I don't like being on the first batch of buyers.

They're supposed to arrive in about 3 weeks.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #221 of 270
  I bought the GR07 BE. Price on lendmeurears was too good, plus, I got free shipping. I decided on BE because I wanted something more fun than my AD900, hopefully I'll get what I want.

I ignored all of your suggestions, I'm sorry lol. I found the price to be incredible for the IEMs I bought. They're proven and revised, I don't like being on the first batch of buyers.

They're supposed to arrive in about 3 weeks.

No worries ^_^

I hope you like it.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #223 of 270
I have no idea what the DT770 sounds like. The GR07 MK2 is pretty balanced with great timbre. The GR07 Bass Edition is just a little more bass oriented (at the expense of mids) but they're not bass cannons by any means. That's pretty much the difference. You can't buy the GR07 MK1 anymore, and you probably won't be able to buy the MK2 much longer either as there is a new line of IEMS coming out by Vsonic. The classic has not been released yet  so nobody can tell you what it sounds like. I personally expect it to be inferior to the MK2 but we'll see.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #224 of 270
  I have no idea what the DT770 sounds like. The GR07 MK2 is pretty balanced with great timbre. The GR07 Bass Edition is just a little more bass oriented (at the expense of mids) but they're not bass cannons by any means. That's pretty much the difference. You can't buy the GR07 MK1 anymore, and you probably won't be able to buy the MK2 much longer either as there is a new line of IEMS coming out by Vsonic. The classic has not been released yet  so nobody can tell you what it sounds like. I personally expect it to be inferior to the MK2 but we'll see.

So what do you recommend me to get? The bass edition, an MK2 off ebay or just wait for the new line? I have 200€ to spend.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #225 of 270
Can anyone comment on how comfortable they are for long periods of use? this is extremely important for me. Also, you have to stick that thing way inside your ear? because then im not getting them. I want it to sit on the ear and not to fit a lot inside the ear. I don't think thats very healthy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back