VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #5,417 of 7,982
Quote:
I feel really troubled now i just got my GR07 MK2 and it sounds so horrible right out of the box I feel that my previous skullcandy titan is even better =.= will this change as time goes by?

The Vsonic Gr07's didn't get fully in burned until about at least 120hours for me. This was back when I had my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary that had a ridiculously long battery life. But anyways I burned them both in, so win win :). The Sibilance, the treble and everything gets really smooth and clean after about 100hours +. Then they start to sound really flat and fast while still remaining very engaging especially the bass. I'm sure everyone has seen the GR07's improve over long periods of  burn in especially since it's a Dynamic IEM. .I just didn't see it's full potential until 100+ hours, and til this day the Vsonic GR07 is still one of my favorite IEM's.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #5,418 of 7,982
I would consider a recable from BTG as I know Brian does good work over there. My concern is with the usability of the new cable. I like to have a very flexible soft cable with iem's. Mostly because of the fit around the ear. And I don't like a "wirey" feel to iem cables. Could someone who has got the recable from BTG comment on this?

thanks...

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #5,419 of 7,982
Quote:
I would consider a recable from BTG as I know Brian does good work over there. My concern is with the usability of the new cable. I like to have a very flexible soft cable with iem's. Mostly because of the fit around the ear. And I don't like a "wirey" feel to iem cables. Could someone who has got the recable from BTG comment on this?

thanks...

I think it's plenty soft and much less tangle-prone than the stock cable. I think it's a no-brainer for fellow hard-core devotees of the GR07. I'll post pics soon, probably tomorrow.

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #5,422 of 7,982
Jul 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #5,424 of 7,982
I love the GR07... my favorite IEM so far and reminds me of my LCD-2 I used to have. Aside from it being pretty comfortable, the sound is so nice. My ears never experience fatigue and I just get lost in them sometimes. I am just wondering if there is anything you would consider a 'big' step up (I know, subjective! But, I am here for opinions).

I do not know what I am expecting though... all of these higher IEMs have many drivers in it, etc. I've never tried any of them and I am not sure what any of those extras do to the sound. I just want a sound that I can get lost in deeper than my GR07. So, I guess my only requirement is that it must have a similar sound signature (by that I mean fatigue-free and I guess that is subjective as well :rolleyes:). As for genres, I pretty much listen to everything I can get my hands on :xf_eek: .

As for the budget, if you could recommend a few IEMs that are under $300 (you could go higher if you think it will match my requirement), that would be great! :D

Thank you for your help! :)

Edit: I noticed GR07 is meant to be used as stage monitor. Should I be looking at stage monitor IEMs?

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #5,425 of 7,982
Quote:
As for the budget, if you could recommend a few IEMs that are under $300 (you could go higher if you think it will match my requirement), that would be great!
biggrin.gif

Thank you for your help!
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I noticed GR07 is meant to be used as stage monitor. Should I be looking at stage monitor IEMs?

I've been listening to my friend's vsonic for a week now and my usual setup is the W4R. for something under $300 you prob will have a hard time to find something that can be called worth upgrading. You'll really have to go higher with the big boys to really notice a difference.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5,426 of 7,982
I've been listening to my friend's vsonic for a week now and my usual setup is the W4R. for something under $300 you prob will have a hard time to find something that can be called worth upgrading. You'll really have to go higher with the big boys to really notice a difference.
What if I doubled my budget to $600?

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #5,427 of 7,982
What if I doubled my budget to $600?

For that budget I'd recommend the Aurisonics asg-2. It's a complete upgrade to the gr07 in every way. I'm one of the biggest fans of the 07, and I've compared it to iems worth many times its price, and still found the gr07 better.

Look at the link in my signature to read up on the g2.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #5,428 of 7,982
For that budget I'd recommend the Aurisonics asg-2. It's a complete upgrade to the gr07 in every way. I'm one of the biggest fans of the 07, and I've compared it to iems worth many times its price, and still found the gr07 better.

Look at the link in my signature to read up on the g2.
Gosh, the price is so high... I read about the ASG-1.2 and might try those out instead. I know there is a universal of them. Also, I heard that there will be a universal version of the ASG-2?

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #5,429 of 7,982
Gosh, the price is so high... I read about the ASG-1.2 and might try those out instead. I know there is a universal of them. Also, I heard that there will be a universal version of the ASG-2?

The ASG-2 is the universal version, and it costs $550. It's not on their website yet, so email them at in-ear@aurisonics.com

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #5,430 of 7,982
The ASG-2 is the universal version, and it costs $550. It's not on their website yet, so email them at in-ear@aurisonics.com
I'll ask them about both ASG-1.2 and ASG-2 to see if I can try them out. Thanks for the help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back