VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #5,341 of 7,982
Quote:

Maybe you can try not needing them? They are really much more comfortable without the earguides. If your problem is the cord not staying put on the back of your ears then you just maybe have to learn how to put them on correctly. :)

Oooops... sorry about my last reply... don't know why, but I interpreted that the question was about tips and not earguides.  Silly me.
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #5,342 of 7,982
I have no problems with the cords staying put after curling them up and over the ears (without the earguides).

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Insert the earphones into the ears
2. Run the left and right wires over the ears and down in back
3. Bring the left and right wires under the chin
4. pull down slightly on main wire at mid chest level, thus exerting a downward pull on the wires in back of the ears
5. Now use the sliding adjustment piece, and slide it up to within about half an inch (1.5cm) of the underside of the chin
6. This maintains the snugness of the wires running in back of your ears.

If done as described, you could probably now go play basketball, or do literally anything, and the wires will stay put.

Vsonic put the sliding adjustment piece there for a reason. If you do not know what the sliding adjustment piece is, then follow the wires from the earphones down until you get to the point where both the left and right wires run through a small plastic fitting of one fourth inch (3mm). That is the sliding adjustment piece. You can slide it up and down on the two wires that run through it.

I cannot make this any more clear.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #5,343 of 7,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reomero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FWIW...
The cable on the right of my GR07 is stubborn; it likes to twist outwards away from my ear unlike the cable on the left side (which tends to twist inwards towards my ear). I just deal with this by moving the cable guide higher and not turning my head to the right too much. 
redface.gif

Maybe the culprit is not the right cable itself but how you put it on.. It is often not balanced what you're doing with your right from your left especially when your not paying attention to make it balanced. Here's a short description of how I deal with the cables without the earguides. Please bear with me as english is not my native tounge.
redface.gif

Firstly, hold the earpieces as if you're putting them on. Then, make sure both the cables (right and left) is not twisted in any way, just the normal state without any tension to them. Holding both earpieces upwards (meaning not yet over the ear), twist both of them inwards 360 degrees just once (rotating the left earpiece to the right and the right earphone to the left direction), I used to do it twice but then I discovered just one time twisting is enough. Then put them on over your ear like usual. Now the cable is tamed to sit properly to the back of your ears. If you're already used to it, it's more easy to do the twisting when they're already over your ear but since they're over your ear, you twist them outwards. Hope this makes sense. lol

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #5,345 of 7,982
I tried to get used to the earguides until now, but I will give up.  In my case the problem is not really related to comfort, but the cable is often escaping the guides which is bad.  Will follow the most recent instructions posted on how to best use without the guides.  Thanks.

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #5,346 of 7,982
Just got mine back from BTG-Audio and Brian did a heck of a job with the re-cabling. The wire I went with is copper and they sound pretty much the same, though I'm using double flange tips from ME Electronics. I have the triples, but those suckers go in too deep - they honestly felt like I had customs on (heck of a seal, though). I don't know if these change the sound compared to the stock double-flanges, but I'm under the impression that there is a bit more warmth. Could be my mind playing tricks on me...My only issue is the lack of shrink fit tubing where the wire meets the plug...otherwise, it's great.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #5,347 of 7,982
I've never even used my ear guides. Just switch them. You'll be able to wear them down, and you lose no sound quality.

If you don't care having the correct channels then good for you. Most people here do. And they're really meant to be worn over the ear IMHO.

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #5,348 of 7,982
The problem lies when I turn my head sideways, the cable just slips off my ear. Living in a big city like New York, it is imperative that I keep my head on a swivel. No matter how many times I reposition the cable around my ears, they still manage to slip off. 
angry_face.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #5,349 of 7,982
^ The question is are you repositioning them correctly? :p Try to follow my guide above or the other one before my guide. I think both would work just fine. Believe me no matter how you move your head in any possible way, if you put them on correctly without the earguides, they won't fall out.

Jun 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #5,351 of 7,982
Quote:
If you don't care having the correct channels then good for you. Most people here do. And they're really meant to be worn over the ear IMHO.

So, if an isolated sound was found in my left ear, it was really meant to be sent to my right ear. Big deal....if someone really cares about that, I think they might have issues. The seal is the same and the sound quality is the same. I tested over the ears (without the guide). Wearing them down sounds the same, and I don't have to fumble with guiding the wires over and around my ears every time I put them on and take them off.

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #5,352 of 7,982
Quote:
So, if an isolated sound was found in my left ear, it was really meant to be sent to my right ear. Big deal....if someone really cares about that, I think they might have issues. The seal is the same and the sound quality is the same. I tested over the ears (without the guide). Wearing them down sounds the same, and I don't have to fumble with guiding the wires over and around my ears every time I put them on and take them off.

Might make more of a difference if you're watching a video or movie.

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #5,353 of 7,982
or playing a game, recording music, attaining higher fidelity...

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #5,354 of 7,982
Quote:

Might make more of a difference if you're watching a video or movie.

Why the hell the guy on the right is talking on the left?  Got it... have to turn my TV upside down.
biggrin.gif

Just joking, but even with music it seems important to me.  Classical orquestras, as an expample, have a rigid setup of the diferent instrumental groups and if one is used to this, it will be really strange to hear double bass on the left and violins on the right.  Just my opinion.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #5,355 of 7,982
It IS important. I hate people when I ask them "which one's the left?" then answers "whichever you want." I was like "What?!" Then I'll just play a familiar song to know which is which. I mean, have some respect to the song, you should hear it how it was intended to be heard. Oh well, maybe it's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back