VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,027 of 7,982
I would love to hear the difference using this method but I won't risk it with mine nor will I buy another, did you confirm this is the right method for burn in from vsonic?

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #5,031 of 7,982
The diaphrams are stiff like titanium diaphrams so that mean that they need music that can work the diaphram out such as bass heavy genre. I did them on full volume because I know that they are very stiff such as my carbon nanotube headphones and iem so I put them on full volume because I know they would not be destroyed. Trust me guys and gals these gr07 can take the beating. The diaphram consist of 106 layers of biocellulose . And for the sound they do tell you on the website that they need at least 300hr of burn-in to full mature, but my guess is they will still keep on maturing with more time :). I use the same method on all my iems and headphones and the method never seems to fail. I also use the method on my gr07 bass edition, gr07 mki too :)

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #5,032 of 7,982
Quite satisfied with this iem, but is it weird if I say that this iem got too much bass? Well, at least for my taste
I've been listening to a lot of metal lately, and the bass just make it not quite enjoyable.

Any thought any logical upgrade from gr07? I want less bass and more zing. And yes, I've never heard any annoying sibilant from my gr07, looks like I'm not sensitive to sibilant.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #5,033 of 7,982
Quote:
Quite satisfied with this iem, but is it weird if I say that this iem got too much bass? Well, at least for my taste
I've been listening to a lot of metal lately, and the bass just make it not quite enjoyable.

Any thought any logical upgrade from gr07? I want less bass and more zing. And yes, I've never heard any annoying sibilant from my gr07, looks like I'm not sensitive to sibilant.

Have you tried different tips? I find that the bass quantity and quality changes quite a bit depending on the tips used.

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #5,034 of 7,982
Which tips significantly reduces treble? I use ones that is most comfy for me right now

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #5,035 of 7,982
Quote:
Which tips significantly reduces treble? I use ones that is most comfy for me right now

Probably the foam tips. Probably mh1c tips. But I bet this has been discussed in the thread already, so it might be worth searching through it.

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #5,036 of 7,982
I don't like the medium sized, I find them far too big, I guess I can invest in smaller ones

Probably the foam tips. Probably mh1c tips. But I bet this has been discussed in the thread already, so it might be worth searching through it.

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #5,037 of 7,982
The smaller the opening of the tip, the more it will restrict treble (if you are trying to tame it). Also play with nozzle angle. I had sharp treble, due to canal resonance, until I dialed in the right nozzle angle.

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #5,039 of 7,982
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #5,040 of 7,982
Quote:
You really did max volume?

Imo, it depends on the player. I burn in using an older mp3 player at max volume, and yes it's loud, but not driver destroying loud. I probably wouldn't use max volume on my clip zip though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back