VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #4,996 of 7,982
Quote:

VSonic actually strongly recommends it.

OK,thanks for the clarification.
When I took them out of the box,..there was very little bass,& the SQ sounded more like the mkII.
They been running non-stop since yesterday,& things{bass} seems to be getting stronger..I did change the tips,as well.
These are excellent earphones

Tnx
m

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #4,997 of 7,982
Quote:
OK,thanks for the clarification.
When I took them out of the box,..there was very little bass,& the SQ sounded more like the mkII.
They been running non-stop since yesterday,& things{bass} seems to be getting stronger..I did change the tips,as well.
These are excellent earphones

Tnx
m

eek.gif
 You may have the wrong iem then! Try going up a tip size or two.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #4,998 of 7,982
Quote:

eek.gif
 You may have the wrong iem then! Try going up a tip size or two.

I went threw the box ,and found a tip that is grey in color
If I am not mistaken,I think??? ,it might be a comply tip...this seems to work just fine,.deeper fit,more bass-nice

Tnx eke
m

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #5,003 of 7,982
I've been rockin' these for about a month now, and the sibilance really does flatten itself out after burn-in.

And what I really enjoy about these is its separation. Drums sound really great coming out of them

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #5,004 of 7,982
Ok. I'm going to do my best not to flip out, but this is driving me crazy. The bass on the left side has once again dropped out. There is no more sub-bass. This is the 4th pair I've owned from lendmeurears. He's been good about replacing them, but every single one has failed in the same way.I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if he's been sending me back the same broken pairs. I've tried switching tips, and switching sides. Same issue. The last two replacements have failed within two weeks of getting them back. Is this a burn-in issue? Cable issue? I've been very gentle with this pair and never yanked them. Has anyone else had this issue? They are just out of warranty, so this is really frustrating me. In the last year I've almost spent as much time waiting for them to come back from warranty as I have actually had them in my possession.

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #5,005 of 7,982
If it's four pairs in a row, I can guarantee you they're either sending the same one over and over, or the problem lies in your ears/equipment. 
Quote:
Ok. I'm going to do my best not to flip out, but this is driving me crazy. The bass on the left side has once again dropped out. There is no more sub-bass. This is the 4th pair I've owned from lendmeurears. He's been good about replacing them, but every single one has failed in the same way.I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if he's been sending me back the same broken pairs. I've tried switching tips, and switching sides. Same issue. The last two replacements have failed within two weeks of getting them back. Is this a burn-in issue? Cable issue? I've been very gentle with this pair and never yanked them. Has anyone else had this issue? They are just out of warranty, so this is really frustrating me. In the last year I've almost spent as much time waiting for them to come back from warranty as I have actually had them in my possession.

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #5,006 of 7,982
Quote:
If it's four pairs in a row, I can guarantee you they're either sending the same one over and over, or the problem lies in your ears/equipment. 

I've tested it on other laptops and music players. Same issue. Asked a friend to confirm. He could hear it too. 

So if he's sending me back the same pairs, and technically my warranty period is done, what options do I have?  I could confront him about it and maybe get something out of it. Or I could give up on him and just try to repair them. The last time I posted about this someone told me it seemed like a cable issue, and I could just send them out for and have the cable replaced. If I go the cable route, is there a way I could have the cables made to be replaceable? I'm tired of spending a lot of money (for me) on something with such a huge weak-point. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #5,007 of 7,982
Does anyone know if there hasbeen an change in the cable of the Mk2 lately? I received my pair from MP4nation the day before yesterday and the manual/warranty card says "Cable: 1.30m TPU cable. Maximum 82 core 99.9999 single shielded copper wire +/- 3%". No mention of silver that the mk2 cable is supposed to have. Could also be just a change in the text on the card. The "acts of God" are "acts of good" on my card...

Anyway; first impressions: most likely have come to the end of my quest to find a pair of good IEM/earbuds that have sound quality comparable to a good full size open headphone. References are my Sennheiser HD595 and Stax Lambda nova basic. Over the years I have tried many (well, not as many as some people over here, but compared to my friends still a lot
smile.gif
): Sony MDR-E888, Shure E3c, E4, Sennheiser MX400, MX980, Beyerdynamic DTX101ie. Of these, I like the MX980 the best, but they do not isolate and therefore are not suitable for travel. Surprise hit and by far the best value are my 15 euro Sennheiser MX400 of which I seem to have gotten a very good pair with a nice warm sound. But all of them have defects that made me look on for better. Either too much bass (Beyerdynamic), lack of open sound caused by the tiny housings, agressive spike in the lower treble (Shure), voices that simply sounded coloured etc etc. Straight out of the box the GR07 surprised me with a largely neutral and uncoloured sound. The voices of Yello sounded the way I was used to. There is a good amount of bass (actually a bit more than the HD595 has) with enough weight and depth for me. Not perfect, but they are only tiny drivers and I prefer this over bloated bass. Main point of criticism would be slightly agressive (lower) treble, but this will likely change a bit with burning in. They now have around 25hrs on them. To sum it up they sound very good for small earphones without obvious defects. Better will likely cost $400 or so, and I will not be spending that amount in IEM's. I will be using these on my Nexus tablet and iAudio 10 player.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #5,009 of 7,982
Quote:
They need a good 300hrs of heavy bass beatdown on full blast to loosen the diaphram up .then the will sound proper to you if your in search for a neutral iem but if your not you should really look in the gr07 bass edition which are a complete upgrade to the mkii.
biggrin.gif

I gotta disagree with you here man. The BE is a side grade. They both offer different alterations of the basic GR07 sound.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/572175/vsonic-gr07-perfection-added-mkii-vs-bass-edition-24-03/150#post_9293254

Users who are viewing this thread

Back