VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4,291 of 7,982
The ASG has much less treble than the GR07. The bass is somewhat similar but the ASG has much more forward mids.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #4,294 of 7,982
I personally prefer the GR07 because of its overall tuning. But I have two friends who have listened to both for a while and think that the ASG is a much better IEM. The ASG has a better grain free mids, sounds more open and moves a lot of air (more tactile feel). But for me, not enough treble and overall too soft in attack.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #4,296 of 7,982
could this be the reason how the treble spikes gets smoother over time rather than burn in?

Quote:
my cables turning green
frown.gif

and i never take these earphones out , I just use them at home when i do some relaxing listening

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #4,298 of 7,982
VSONIC's CEO latest annoucement, with some news about the GR07's future:

「圈铁混合耳塞只是我们目前展示实力的第一步」 = The dynamic + BA hybrid is only the first step in showing our abilities

「13年度我们将带给大家GR07金属 拔插换线版本」 = in 2013 we will be bringing everybody the GR07 with detachable cables (possibly with metal housing, but I'm not sure whether they're referring to the fact that the detachable cable sockets are metal, or that the entire housing is metal)

「配有全球首创的同轴双单元技术」 = with the world's first coaxial dual unit technology

「向全球展示我们中国耳机的最高水准」 = in order to show the entire world that Chinese headphones are of the highest quality

Thank tomscy2000 for the help with the translation, as now we can have a glimpse of the future GR07... 
popcorn.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4,299 of 7,982
Quote:
Where can you get the GR07? Anyone knows how it compares to the 100k or the ASG 1.2?

I bought my GR07 on Amazon.com through the seller GateShop, as suggested by another member of this forum. So far, no complaints. Shipping was fast and the package included all specified accessories.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #4,300 of 7,982

That's my current favorite EQ configuration for the gr07. Yes, it seems to show that I hate bass; but actually, according to their response graph, this still leaves the gr07's bass about 2dB above flat neutral. The bump in the upper mid, lower treble region, does nicely to improve articulation in vocals. Between 6kH and 10kHz is too harsh to me, and so I nuked it. These can sound slightly brittle sometimes, so I attenuated the upper treble by 4dB, as well.

You probably notice that between 125Hz and 800Hz there is a constant slope; but there's a considerable gap between 100Hz and 125Hz. Actually, this gap was 2dB larger before this current configuration, which I still enjoy from time to time, depending on the track, and this gap was deliberate. My aim was to make vocals clearly stand out, because I value midrange far too much to have any amount of bass or treble instruments tread upon its (especially vocals') rightful spotlight, even in the slightest.

Overall, I'm very happy with my work of art. Any recommendations? Also, feel free to share your own EQ settings if you have any. :)

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4,301 of 7,982
Well, I'm using mine completely flat. It's pretty balanced and close enough to neutral sounding to not feel the need to temper with the eq. I actually like the slight hotness in the lower treble, especially with female vocals but I know some more sensitive people may find it harsh. I also really enjoy the gr04 flagship - it has more upfront mids compared to the gr07 and while it lacks the extension of the gr07, it is still amazingly good for its price (or no price if you got it for free with your gr07), so overall I'm really impressed with Vsonic and I'll be awaiting eagerly their new products -let's just hope the world won't come to an end this December.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #4,305 of 7,982
Quote:
Well, I'm using mine completely flat. It's pretty balanced and close enough to neutral sounding to not feel the need to temper with the eq. I actually like the slight hotness in the lower treble, especially with female vocals but I know some more sensitive people may find it harsh. I also really enjoy the gr04 flagship - it has more upfront mids compared to the gr07 and while it lacks the extension of the gr07, it is still amazingly good for its price (or no price if you got it for free with your gr07), so overall I'm really impressed with Vsonic and I'll be awaiting eagerly their new products -let's just hope the world won't come to an end this December.

If I were playing are low volume, flat would be okay. However, the sibilance and warmth would be too distracting at moderate volume. This is true for both male and female vocals.

Quote:
Like I said in the ASG-1 thread, the GR07's tonal balance is just about perfect for me. 

I'm curious as to what type of music you listen to most of the time.

Mostly vocal. The deep, soulful type. Every now and then, I also enjoy a nice instrumental "new age" song. I don't often listen to "fun" music, but I do gravitate to some melodic trance/techno songs. For everything I listen to, I use the EQ above. It allows me to blast the volume pretty high, if I so choose, without making any part of the frequency spectrum glaring. I dislike most types of aggressive, raucous, carnal sounding music... As a rule of thumb, if you wouldn't let your 5-year-old child listen to it, I likely would also avoid it.

Some artists I admire: Quang Le, Jia Peng Feng, Rimi Natsukawa, Jake Shimabukuro, DJ Satomi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back