VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2,986 of 7,982
Quote:
Yeah, that was a kiteki machination... it never really went through, so no one got it done. The project has been postponed indefinitely.

Ok, thanks for the update! It was some time ago, so I didn't remember some of the details about it. But I guess it will never be easy and simple for someone to attempt something like that... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #2,987 of 7,982

Quote:
I wouldn't want to risk a reshelling. I just want custom tips. I wonder if custom tips from the ASG-1 would fit the GR07...

I dont think they would work. The ASG's have a huge bore, although saying that they might work if you slip them over the top of the plastic tubes from the centre of the original GR07 foam tips.

That works with Ts400 comply on my GR07's, and they fit the ASG's

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #2,988 of 7,982
maybe the ACS custom tip is the best option...but at that price, one may as well part with the gr07 and get a custom. notice how i rationalize purchase of custom iem. i think i've done that about 50 times in the last month or so. i've already been warning my fiancee about the custom iem...she has taken it very well so far...i'm a lucky man.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #2,989 of 7,982

Quote:
maybe the ACS custom tip is the best option...but at that price, one may as well part with the gr07 and get a custom. notice how i rationalize purchase of custom iem. i think i've done that about 50 times in the last month or so. i've already been warning my fiancee about the custom iem...she has taken it very well so far...i'm a lucky man.

biggrin.gif
 I simply made my girlfriend an audiophile instead. She is a big saver in the audiophile world but at least she understands me better 
biggrin.gif

but every birthday/anniversary/valentines etc 
frown.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #2,990 of 7,982
I'm glad you like too EPH-100, from first time i see u would use both with great pleasure, they complement different moments of state. :)

Quote:
Hello everyone!

I'm back and I'm VERY happy to report that my fit/comfort problem has been 100% solved and I've been enjoying these IEMs how it was intended
basshead.gif

Tips aside these IEM are amazing in pretty much every sense. With the right source/music these shine like no other IEM i've tried out (my experience is not that vast anyway). I still use my EPH100 more because they adapt better to different kinds of music (I usually have a big playlist with all sorts of music) but there are moments when I just want to sit back, relax, and listen to a specific album or artist and the GR07 are just PERFECT.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #2,993 of 7,982
I heard Inks said that the GR07 v.2, the one that comes with a new packaging and more tips, is bassier than the first batch, is this true?
Can anyone point me to the post? I don't think I have the heart to sift through 200 pages

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,996 of 7,982
True about audible memory, thus I put more emphasis on the user comparing the two.

Burn-in differences are overblown imo. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #2,997 of 7,982
Quote:
  Burn-in differences are overblown imo. 

Yup. I did hear a lot more 'grain' in the new GR07 compared to my own, but none of the bass changes, mids tonal changes, or even the 'significant improvement in siblance' that people think they hear. I think the grainy, new earphone sound has a lot to do with people thinking sounds are sharper than they really are. Just my experience, though.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2,998 of 7,982
Thanks for all the replies 
wink.gif

I for one, felt my GR07 bass tamed a little after burn-in, I'm a believer, although, of course, very subtle changes, nothing crazy

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #2,999 of 7,982
Yup. I did hear a lot more 'grain' in the new GR07 compared to my own, but none of the bass changes, mids tonal changes, or even the 'significant improvement in siblance' that people think they hear. I think the grainy, new earphone sound has a lot to do with people thinking sounds are sharper than they really are. Just my experience, though.

Yup overblown, if burn-in were true, how come every result is good? If it were true, the driver won't always necessarily even out. It may peak or dip more if it changes since there's not set rule. 

GR07 are a bit grainy (most dynamics are). 

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #3,000 of 7,982
Yup overblown, if burn-in were true, how come every result is good? If it were true, the driver won't always necessarily even out. It may peak or dip more if it changes since there's not set rule. 

GR07 are a bit grainy (most dynamics are). 

Still waiting on "Damn! These were awesome before I used them for 300 hours. Now they suck!" ?

I hope you're not holding your breath :D
It should be like a car engine, if you do it wrong it for the first 2000 miles, you can screw up the engine (supposedly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back