VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #2,971 of 7,982
Need help buying tips replacement...

I really like Tri-Flange/Bi-Flange Tips...

Which ones will fit on the GR07? I hate Shure type of silicone flange (they are lot harder than Ety) though... and I LOVE ETY's flange. They are very soft and fits easily

Right now, I could fit the Ety Tri-flange on these, and not sure if it's not a good fit, the sound is a bit weaker than the stock GR07 Bi-flange...

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2,972 of 7,982

Quote:
Need help buying tips replacement...

I really like Tri-Flange/Bi-Flange Tips...

Which ones will fit on the GR07? I hate Shure type of silicone flange (they are lot harder than Ety) though... and I LOVE ETY's flange. They are very soft and fits easily

Right now, I could fit the Ety Tri-flange on these, and not sure if it's not a good fit, the sound is a bit weaker than the stock GR07 Bi-flange...

Here you go: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M6_M6P_Earphone_p/tipset6-m6bk-mee.htm

The triple flanges that come with it are fantastic

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #2,973 of 7,982
Thanks for the quick reply. Just a quick question, will these: http://www.meelec.com/product_p/tipset3-bf50m-mrg-bk.htm fit on the GR07 ?

Also, if I were to buy Comply tips, which one will work? I used Comply tips several years ago with futursonics and shure phones, and ditched them cuz they get dirty really easily and can't very good with a quick water wish... But I think i might try them again as I heard they provide good isolation?

Also one other question.

I don't see any filter replacement for the GR07 in the Accessories i got... so ... where you guys get your filter replacements? I didn't even see the tools to pick the filters out... or the Dynamic driver phones don't need it >_> i've only owned BA phones all my life and decided to give dynamic drivers a try this time around.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #2,974 of 7,982

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Just a quick question, will these: http://www.meelec.com/product_p/tipset3-bf50m-mrg-bk.htm fit on the GR07 ?

Also, if I were to buy Comply tips, which one will work? I used Comply tips several years ago with futursonics and shure phones, and ditched them cuz they get dirty really easily and can't very good with a quick water wish... But I think i might try them again as I heard they provide good isolation?

Also one other question.

I don't see any filter replacement for the GR07 in the Accessories i got... so ... where you guys get your filter replacements? I didn't even see the tools to pick the filters out... or the Dynamic driver phones don't need it >_> i've only owned BA phones all my life and decided to give dynamic drivers a try this time around.

I use comply Ts400's over the top of the plastic tube from inside the original Vsonic foam tips. Works better for me than the T400's did.

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,975 of 7,982
As I've said many times already, for those looking for foam tips for the GR07, instead of struggling with the Comply's, please try the Jays Foams. They're a perfect fit and great confort... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #2,976 of 7,982
Just got a pair of these and wow these things are comfortable. Just put them in and they stay in, no constant fiddling, looking for a fit, etc which was the case with the TF10s. I was surprised at how small and flimsy these things look though, hopefully they're durable.

Also is it true that it takes 100+ hrs to get the most out of these things? If so then that's impressive, these things already sound on par or maybe a bit better than the TF10s. I received a free E6 with these things, so maybe that's the difference.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #2,977 of 7,982

Quote:
I agree. They perform similarly across all my music players due to the 50 ohm impedance that stabilizes SQ. The real issue is the quality of the recording. They benefit far more from higher quality recordings than from an amp.

@doublea71
I may have some extra silicon tips laying around that I could give you for the cost of shipping. Those should last a lifetime. PM me if you're interested.

BTW, has anyone looked at the possibility of custom tips for the GR07? 

I'm using the double flange silicons tips that came with them and they're a'ight. Shipping to Vietnam is pretty expensive, so thanks for the offer. I may try to track down some Jays foams...custom tips would be great. I don't think I've read about anybody going that route. Has anybody ever tried to have these re-shelled? Now THAT would be interesting.

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #2,979 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm using the double flange silicons tips that came with them and they're a'ight. Shipping to Vietnam is pretty expensive, so thanks for the offer. I may try to track down some Jays foams...custom tips would be great. I don't think I've read about anybody going that route. Has anybody ever tried to have these re-shelled? Now THAT would be interesting.

It's a lot harder to reshell dynamics, because unlike Armatures, they don't operate in a sealed chamber, so changing the housing changes the sound drastically.

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,981 of 7,982
Quote:
  I wouldn't want to risk a reshelling. I just want custom tips. I wonder if custom tips from the ASG-1 would fit the GR07...

If they have the same stem diameter, then sure, why not? The GR07 also has that large flange that sticks out, which I'm sure will hold most ear tips with pretty good tension. Or, just order custom tips from any of the manufacturers that build them, and specify the opening to fit the GR07 stem diameter.

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #2,982 of 7,982
I think you might want to worry about the size and shape of the overall nozzle too, the tolerances of how it fits on the nozzle are probably pretty tight with custom tips...the location of the little ridge and the length of the nozzle, along with the way that it rotates are all probably significant to how well it'd fit.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #2,983 of 7,982
Quote:
I think you might want to worry about the size and shape of the overall nozzle too, the tolerances of how it fits on the nozzle are probably pretty tight with custom tips...the location of the little ridge and the length of the nozzle, along with the way that it rotates are all probably significant to how well it'd fit.

Silicone tips are a lot more pliable than vinyl or acrylic-based ones. The tolerances are, well, well-tolerated!
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #2,984 of 7,982
Quote:
If I remember correctly, there was a thread before where a few people had their GR07s re-shelled. I just can't remember what that thread was (it was something to do with a company willing to re-shell dynamics), or if those people ever posted any impressions about their re-shelled GR07.

Yes, I also remember that. There was a user that was gathering people interested in a reshell service (for universals), but he needed a group of 10 (I believe) to make it happen. But I also don't know what happened, if it was successfull or not... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #2,985 of 7,982
Quote:
Yes, I also remember that. There was a user that was gathering people interested in a reshell service (for universals), but he needed a group of 10 (I believe) to make it happen. But I also don't know what happened, if it was successfull or not... 
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that was a kiteki machination... it never really went through, so no one got it done. The project has been postponed indefinitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back