VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #1,892 of 7,982
Quote:
Ya learn something new every day... I didn't realize the alignment would have an impact on the sound stage.
beerchug.gif

wasnt the alignment, but the simple fact that I needed to swap IEM's in order to get that fit(wear left monitor in right ear, vice versa)

Nov 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,894 of 7,982
Now that I've had a chance to listen to the GR07's for a bit, I think I'm pretty set on using foam tips. What are some recommended models people use besides the stock ones, and how do you find they compare to the stock foam tips? Are there any which don't require constant replacement?

- Woody

Nov 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,895 of 7,982
I have reached 158 hours of break in and am really enjoying these, definately some of the best sound quality i have enjoyed i think.

Am i unusal or strange for finding comply tips to give the best fit?  I like the deep, isolated sound they give, quite a secure fit and good bass?

Nov 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #1,897 of 7,982
im so stupid, the tips that i was using didn't fit me properly (left side sounded louder). So i opened the box and took out all the tips and when i oped the second plastic bag (the one with the foams, never opened before), i JUST realised that the second bag had the silicone tips with foams inside it. Why didn't anyone talk about this here?? lol

So they copied Sony with tips almost 100%, I'm not saying that its a bad thing, i always wanted the tips from the EX1000. THATS AWESOME.

i use the same size ones with foams inside it and its fixed now, and i think the bass is better.

another reason to get the new packaging??

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #1,898 of 7,982
The foam filled tips have been mentioned but not a lot, not sure if that means people don't like them or they just don't get the same attention because most tip discussion surrounds after market tips.

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #1,899 of 7,982
After using these for a few weeks, I guess I'll just make a couple comments. First off, I'm really enjoying the fullness of sound these have (esp. in the subbass, etc). Going back to my A151's, they sound almost tinny in comparison. Also, the soundstaging is a lot better than any other IEM I've heard (which admittedly is not very many). Regarding build quality, I have also had one of the strain reliefs detach from the housing, which is mildly annoying. On the other hand, I actually quite like the stiff-ish cable, because it seems to act as its own strain relief to a certain extent. Also, I seem to be the only person who can wear them without the earguides, and I actually find them more comfortably this way... Anyway, really enjoying them so far, I might post more impressions later.

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #1,900 of 7,982

Quote:
Also, I seem to be the only person who can wear them without the earguides, and I actually find them more comfortably this way... Anyway, really enjoying them so far, I might post more impressions later.

I agree with you here. I had worn mine with the ear guides since I bought them. That was up until tonight... Sans guide they feel so much more comfortable, and have much less of a 'presence' when I'm wearing them. The cables feel much smaller and more flexible and contour to my ears without issue. The chin adjustment also makes a world of difference when having the ear guides off. I also found that if I didn't have the guide attached to the cable in the *exact* right place it would either sit uncomfortably on my ear or put pressure on the earphone trying to tweak it out of place.

- Woody

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #1,903 of 7,982

Quote:
I have reached 158 hours of break in and am really enjoying these, definately some of the best sound quality i have enjoyed i think.

Am i unusal or strange for finding comply tips to give the best fit?  I like the deep, isolated sound they give, quite a secure fit and good bass?

I am too is at about 150-160 hours on this one, I LOVE the sounds, so much so that this is my main IEM now, except when I am travelling I still use my B2 because it gives me the best seal and isolation with the large T100 comply.

I have spent hundreds in trying to get the best tips for this, the light blue tips give me the best fit among the included ones, but even that, hasn't given me a good seal, the medium shure silicone (PA749) enhances the bass a little and provide slightly better seal than the light blue, but even that is not at 100% seal - the large T200 comply does give me about 95% seal, but it makes it a bit warmer (it is the best tips to use to get rid of the sibilance) - as a last resort now, I am getting a UE200 ($12 for 2 pairs of UE200, bargain!!) which uses the same size of tips, it comes with a pair each of 6 different silicone tips sizes so hopefully, one pair will give me the best fit and seal...

...but, it is an AWESOME IEM, no doubting that...

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #1,905 of 7,982
I think my pair should come in today :) It was supposed to arrive on Saturday but the office was closed so hopefully it comes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back