VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #7,396 of 7,982
@Mozu and @mochill

Thanks guys. I just needed a little more reassurance before I buy them from overseas. If they were available via amazon here in the states I'd already have purchased them. But it's a little more risky importing.

I've been a fan of the GR07 since it's first version and I have missed the BE version since I let them go. If the entire package is better w the X then the X it is.

I'll order them tonight.

Thanks again!

Edit:  ANNNND purchased - now the wait begins.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #7,397 of 7,982
I always loved my GR07BEs and I've been looking for the perfect IN EAR for the past six months or so since they met their demise (or I lost them, lol).  Just curious if you guys think it's worth it to spend the extra 100 bucks for the GR07X compared to just the newer version of the GR07 BE (which appears to just be a re-package).  I really like the BE compared to the MKII GR07 just for the touch of added bass.  I really don't think I'll like the X as much as the BE, but it seems weird to just re-buy the same headphone.  LOL.  Weird I know.

hey I remember seeing you around the Future Sonics G10 and Dunu 2000J threads- think I liked both of those a little more than you, but had similar preferences- just curious what IEMs have you liked since then?

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #7,398 of 7,982
hey I remember seeing you around the Future Sonics G10 and Dunu 2000J threads- think I liked both of those a little more than you, but had similar preferences- just curious what IEMs have you liked since then?

Yup that was def me. Since then I've has a few. Fidue a83, Trinity Audio PM4 and Atlas and always had the trusty gr07be. Nothing has really blown me away yet.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #7,400 of 7,982
  @Mozu and @mochill

Thanks guys. I just needed a little more reassurance before I buy them from overseas. If they were available via amazon here in the states I'd already have purchased them. But it's a little more risky importing.

I've been a fan of the GR07 since it's first version and I have missed the BE version since I let them go. If the entire package is better w the X then the X it is.

I'll order them tonight.

Thanks again!

Waiting for your reviews :)

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #7,401 of 7,982
  Waiting for your reviews :)

Well dang...DHL Express (which was free for some reason from LMUE) is expecting delivery tomorrow by end of day.  THAT is impressive.  I was expecting next week.  So hopefully by Friday, I'll have some ear time.  From what I remember, the original GR07 needed a bit of burn in to tame the peaky treble, so I'm expecting the same here.  Can't jump to any conclusions.  :)

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #7,403 of 7,982
  @Mozu and @mochill

I'll order them tonight.

Thanks again!

don't worry about that my friend

i got hit with 26$ cad for the custom tax plus the extra 20$ usd for the express shipping

+50$ on shipping and customs really hurt my wallet and pride 

but my ears are really enjoying the gr07x

never letting them go now, (thats probably some honeymoon period/hype happening, but really loving what i'm hearing)

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #7,406 of 7,982
CE, BE and X are all the same. Poorly designed cable relief system. This is the main reason why I am staying away from X. My BE gave way in less than 1.5 years. I am not going to pay an extra 100 over bucks (Singapore dollars) for just marginal improvement in sound quality but knowing they will fail in a year or 2.

Vsonic needs to improve in this aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back