VSONIC GR07 BE vs SHURE se315, se425 or ultimate ear TF10 help me decide?
Apr 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

headoncollision

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys 
I am out hunting for a new earpuds since I am purchasing a new audio player either fiio x3 or x5 ( probably x3) and I can`t decide between these headphones , apparently the GR07 and the TF10 is getting plenty of great reviews all over the place for their price, I currently own a shure se310 which is OK but lacks alot of bass, and only operate at it`s best when used with my Fiio E11, from what I read the se315 and se425  has a totally different driver from previous gen, shure calling it high definition or whatever. to anyone who have tried these ( even the MKII edition of GR07) or anyone who listened to the GR07 and se535, any input is appreciated, I just want to get an idea on which is a better option.   I am a little hesitant to get the GR07 due to the non modular cable in addition to the fact that my se310 was top quality and still looks great and operates good despite all the abuse since I bought it in 2010. 
I would really appreciate your replies :)

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 17
I really love the detachable cable on the shures, I can even get a 25$ replacement cable with it, I have been looking at the se425 anyone tried it and the GR07? if the GR07 had detachable cables I would have bought them for sure. I have updated the thread to include the ultimate ear TF10 I mostly listen to dubstep, rock, electronic and hip hop, R&B

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 17
Another option may be the RHA ma750

thanks man! love the metal build, looks awesome!, but how does it really sound next to TF10,GR07,SE425? if it`s similar I might seriously consider it, it`s a shame no modular cables. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #5 of 17
An advice for picking the TF10: try them at a shop first if you can. The fit is a hit or miss thing. I've seen quite some complaints about that.

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 17
An advice for picking the TF10: try them at a shop first if you can. The fit is a hit or miss thing. I've seen quite some complaints about that.

thanks for the advice, I am ordering from amazon to a forwarding address in NY then to my place of living, so there is chance I can try anything, in fact it would be a big hassle if I even got a defective product to return it.
so you would recommend the TF10 out of them all, I love deep bass with a clarity in the mids and highs

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #7 of 17
those also cought my eye Westone UM Pro 30, I think relatively new modular design with custom cables, wonder if anyone tried them. there is just too many to choose from!!!!

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 17

westone adventure series alpha looks awesome and rugged also another option to consider, I really love the ruggedness of it. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #9 of 17
If fit isn't a problem, then the TF10 should definitely be one of the best choices.

However, I can't really give a fixed single recommendation to all the IEMs you have suggested... tough decision.

One more thing, the SE425 (or generally all Shure IEMs) have a rather less sparkly and weak treble, that's something worth noting. To me they sound slightly on the bass heavy side.

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 17
If fit isn't a problem, then the TF10 should definitely be one of the best choices.

However, I can't really give a fixed single recommendation to all the IEMs you have suggested... tough decision.

One more thing, the SE425 (or generally all Shure IEMs) have a rather less sparkly and weak treble, that's something worth noting. To me they sound slightly on the bass heavy side.

Um no - just no.

Owned the SE315, 425 and 535.  If anything - they have well defined bass, but it's definitely not bass heavy (and the 425 has the lightest bass of all 3).  In fact not even close.  All the Shures (315-535) are quite mid-centric, with slightly rolled off highs, and well defined, but not copious amounts of bass.  They do respond well to EQ.  One of the surprises I had with both the 425 and 535 was that the bass wasn't a lot stronger.

OP - if you find the 310/315 bass light, then the higher end Shures won't be for you, unless you go 846.

If you're not too hung up on the replaceable cable - maybe look at the Dunu DN-1000 (triple driver hybrid)

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #11 of 17
Um no - just no.

Owned the SE315, 425 and 535.  If anything - they have well defined bass, but it's definitely not bass heavy (and the 425 has the lightest bass of all 3).  In fact not even close.  All the Shures (315-535) are quite mid-centric, with slightly rolled off highs, and well defined, but not copious amounts of bass.  They do respond well to EQ.  One of the surprises I had with both the 425 and 535 was that the bass wasn't a lot stronger.

OP - if you find the 310/315 bass light, then the higher end Shures won't be for you, unless you go 846.

If you're not too hung up on the replaceable cable - maybe look at the Dunu DN-1000 (triple driver hybrid)

Well, just my ears then. Guess I'm probably too used to neutral sound sig, sorry.

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #12 of 17
the shure se310 that I have now produces zero bass to my ears, I only get decent sound quality when I plug them into an amp and eq the bass, with Fiio E11, and you guys are right, it`s really good in the mid side and vocals, but not dubstep, it`s like the artist is singing in your ears.
anyway I went a head and purchased VSONIC GR07 bass edition. after doing some reading, some people are comparing them to the a way more expensive IEM such as the westone UM3x and the SE415, they don`t have a modular design but if you take care of them they will live really long.
I might also purchase  RHA MA750 based on  zunehdrocks in the beginning of the forum, after reading it`s reviews this thing is amazing for the price and they sound really good, but I really want to get apair to go running with, the RHA sound good and are build good, but the westone adventure series saled at 110$ looks very appealing for doing sports with and going to the gym with it. some people they the sound signature is similar to the se215.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #13 of 17
the shure se310 that I have now produces zero bass to my ears, I only get decent sound quality when I plug them into an amp and eq the bass, with Fiio E11, and you guys are right, it`s really good in the mid side and vocals, but not dubstep, it`s like the artist is singing in your ears.
anyway I went a head and purchased VSONIC GR07 bass edition. after doing some reading, some people are comparing them to the a way more expensive IEM such as the westone UM3x and the SE415, they don`t have a modular design but if you take care of them they will live really long.
I might also purchase  RHA MA750 based on  zunehdrocks in the beginning of the forum, after reading it`s reviews this thing is amazing for the price and they sound really good, but I really want to get apair to go running with, the RHA sound good and are build good, but the westone adventure series saled at 110$ looks very appealing for doing sports with and going to the gym with it. some people they the sound signature is similar to the se215.

The se310 and se315 sound very different. The se315, rha ma750, and gr07 bass edition are all bass neutral (according to most reviews). If you are looking for a bass boosted iem, the shure se 215 and shure se215 special edition are great choices

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #14 of 17
a reviewer here in head-fi said that the westone adventure series alpha sound similar to the se215 so I am very interested in them, can`t seem to find alot of people trying them, but they sound similar with the added ruggness, comfort and for the same price then I might order them. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #15 of 17
thanks to you guys I got the GR07 BE and Westone ADV ALPHA, the GR07 were harsh at first but then blow my mind they sound really detailed open and neuteral, the westone surpass them by a gread margin in build quality and accessories and comfort but are due the small driver smaller dynamic range and the sweat resistance membrane sound substantially inferior, ironically I usually use the GR07 while running my my treadmill, although they are not as comfy but the openness really keep me motivated, the ALPHA just sound distant but they are secured and really rugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back