VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
May 11, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #978 of 2,697

Quote:
Hmm maybe the fit (tips/nozzle position) is wrong? GR06 and GR07 have always been extremely comfortable for me and friends that have tried them on. I like the square housing, light, slim profile that doesn't hurt my ear at all. But maybe I'm just lucky, or you're an elf :D

If that's not the case, I hope the sibilance dies down with burn-in!

I have to wear them like this...sibilance is down after about 40 hours. I can see how a basshead would be all over this thing. And I have to admit, certain songs in my library are ABSOLUTELY more fun w/ the added kick.
basshead.gif

Perhaps I'm getting used to it, but...but...I really, really like these, lol!

FWIW: The sibilance and bass boom is coming from this track:

https://www.facebook.com/StephenSwartzMusic/app_220150904689418

Skip straight to 3:45 and there's a low level bass that's just brilliant w/ these things.

May 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #980 of 2,697
Quote:

I have to wear them like this...sibilance is down after about 40 hours. I can see how a basshead would be all over this thing. And I have to admit, certain songs in my library are ABSOLUTELY more fun w/ the added kick.
basshead.gif

Perhaps I'm getting used to it, but...but...I really, really like these, lol!

FWIW: The sibilance and bass boom is coming from this track:

https://www.facebook.com/StephenSwartzMusic/app_220150904689418

Skip straight to 3:45 and there's a low level bass that's just brilliant w/ these things.

1-cabledown.jpg

Really? I would think you wouldn't get nearly the same amount of sound isolation thus sound quality if you wear them that way /:
This isn't me, but this is how they should be worn:

And they are very comfortable that way, the cable rests on your ear and you can't feel it.
But if that works for you and you're happy, then go for it!

May 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #983 of 2,697
Do these have sibilance like the old GR07 that joker reviewed or not? I might try some but I don't want them if they are too bright and sibilant.

I had the original GR07 before the BEs and they definitely improved on the simblance...or lack thereof. The originals needed a good 200 hours of burn in to lessen it. The BEs need no such thing...out of the box the simblance was non existent. So if that's your worry...worry no more.

May 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #985 of 2,697
Quote:
I had the original GR07 before the BEs and they definitely improved on the simblance...or lack thereof. The originals needed a good 200 hours of burn in to lessen it. The BEs need no such thing...out of the box the simblance was non existent. So if that's your worry...worry no more.

Have to agree, my BE were a bit on the bright side and still are but the more I use them the more they smooth out while mantaining the clarity. These little IEM are makeing me have second thoughts on the new IE800 and K3003...sheesh they are that good!  I have them hook to my Xperia Z+ PHA-1 Fantastic!  Sony XA7ES+Benchmark Dac I Out of this world!
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back