VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #242 of 2,697
Quote:
Lol, I on the other hand have both and I say the fxz200 is inferior to the bass edition
biggrin.gif

Oh man, Master Troll is gonna be on your @ss LOL!

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #243 of 2,697
Quote:

Ok, I found the bass
biggrin.gif

Gave the blue ones a whirl, and managed to get a deeper insertion, and get the nozzles angled properly (great feature btw!), and now I am getting the bass extension and quality that I was looking for, and the rest of the sound is basically beautiful.

That's exactly what I found, the blue were able to go deeper and thus better - Then the clouds parted, sun shined and the birds sang - 
atsmile.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #244 of 2,697
Quote:
Lol, I on the other hand have both and I say the fxz200 is inferior to the bass edition
biggrin.gif

Them's fightin words, boy!

Jokes aside, I believe you. I found the GR07 to be better than the FXZ-100 by a good margin. Even the MH1C managed to get a leg up on it in a few places.

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #245 of 2,697
Quote:

It would be fun, but I'd just get beat up since I have never heard them. And now that the Master Troll (cough, sfwalcer, cough) has the fxz200's, I'd be in real trouble!

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Quote:
 Oh man, Master Troll is gonna be on your @ss LOL!

^

Didn't someone also said these Dark Knight Chinese Cheapos sounded just as good as the FXZ200s??? But then had to apologize for it?  
biggrin.gif

Dat Ether....

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #246 of 2,697
Quote:
That's exactly what I found, the blue were able to go deeper and thus better - Then the clouds parted, sun shined and the birds sang - 
atsmile.gif

The blue's that I was using were not the ones with foam in them ("non-hybrid" I assume). So I thought that I should try out some of the other hundreds of tips that came with the Gr07be, and I gave the white hybrids (the ones with foam in them) a try. Wow. Maybe I'm getting even a better seal with them (because they are larger), or maybe it is due to the foam, but whatever... what a beautiful, rich, full sound, with plenty of bass.
Yup, these things are awesome
beerchug.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #248 of 2,697
I just can't get any of the ones with foam to seal. I will try some of them again.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #249 of 2,697
I went ahead an ordered the ATH A900x from Buydig refurbished. Those Sound Magic HP looked nice but very little info. I was even liking the ATH 9ws wooded ones because they were portable. The ATH a900x looks were throwing me off but I guess the sound signature will be great. Thanks for your help.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #250 of 2,697
Sorry forthright silence, but I've been busy. I'm sitting in the library right now listening to the BE, and it's taking every fiber of my being to sit still and not start dancing. I'll try to have the review/comparison up by the end of the week.

Oh snap, Smooth Criminal just came on!! Annie, are you Ok?!!

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #252 of 2,697
Okay so I'm confused. I got my GR07be today, but the box everywhere says mkii, and the cable is even grey. But they have lots of bass, I've just never heard the mk2 so I wouldn't know the difference.... The head-fier whom I traded with assured me with his receipt from Amazon was for the BE, but there's nothing that says Bass Edition anywhere, except for the rumble in my dome.

I'm likely to keep these if they end up being the BE, but a part of me wants the candy cane cable.

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #253 of 2,697
Quote:
Okay so I'm confused. I got my GR07be today, but the box everywhere says mkii, and the cable is even grey. But they have lots of bass, I've just never heard the mk2 so I wouldn't know the difference.... The head-fier whom I traded with assured me with his receipt from Amazon was for the BE, but there's nothing that says Bass Edition anywhere, except for the rumble in my dome.

I'm likely to keep these if they end up being the BE, but a part of me wants the candy cane cable.

Sounds to me like you got the mk2's. My box says:

GR07
  BASS

And the cable is candy cane.

Actually, I found this pic online:

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #254 of 2,697
Quote:

I bet you got standard MKIIs...not the BEs.  Amazon has screwed up before on Monster Turbines for me before, and those don't even look alike.  So you might want to get the real BEs because those definitely have the candy cane cable.  Though I wouldn't switch FOR the cable...it's not horrible, but grey would be better.  If you like/love the sound, stick with them!  MKIIs are certainly nothing to scoff at.  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back