VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jun 23, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,567 of 2,697
thanks, my vsd3s broke today after three weeks of use. im not sure about chinese manufacturing anymore. i didnt even do anything to them and left speaker just stopped working. i enjoyed the sound but not how they broke on me out of nothing. the only earbuds that broke on me were apple earbuds but only after years of use and one headphone cause i broke it by breaking them. but this is just weird. you wake up and left speaker doesnt work. nothing is broken on cable or anything, but doesnt make sound on left one no more. i dont know. thanks, ive seen gr07 break too at the speaker but i thought i just wont yank them at the cable and may be superglue at the iem cable. but this is just unpreventable by just waking up and earphone makes no sound. i dont know about the durability of these things. makes me think twice about it. cheers

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #2,568 of 2,697
thanks, my vsd3s broke today after three weeks of use. im not sure about chinese manufacturing anymore. i didnt even do anything to them and left speaker just stopped working. i enjoyed the sound but not how they broke on me out of nothing. the only earbuds that broke on me were apple earbuds but only after years of use and one headphone cause i broke it by breaking them. but this is just weird. you wake up and left speaker doesnt work. nothing is broken on cable or anything, but doesnt make sound on left one no more. i dont know. thanks, ive seen gr07 break too at the speaker but i thought i just wont yank them at the cable and may be superglue at the iem cable. but this is just unpreventable by just waking up and earphone makes no sound. i dont know about the durability of these things. makes me think twice about it. cheers

Do you have warranty? If you have use it.
I have vsonic gr07 bass and they broken , in the right sid you will hear more than the left side, and then my jack broken, so I fix them (not 100% )but they working, I dont used my warranty :frowning2:

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #2,569 of 2,697

Originally Posted by nevo2011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have vsonic gr07 bass and they broken , in the right sid you will hear more than the left side, and then my jack broken, so I fix them (not 100% )but they working, I dont used my warranty
frown.gif

The warranty is foreign. You'll have to ship it to China for repairs. If you're fine with living a few weeks (!!!) without your GR-07's then that's fine.

I, personally, got sick of the build quality on these things. They sound great, but I'm not invested enough in them to be willing to go through that entire process. I got Aurisonics Rockets, and never looked back, and can finally rest knowing that even if they do get run over by a tank, I have a 5 year warranty (in the US, so repairs only take a few days) to back me.

If you really want to repair your GR07's and can't imagine life without them, you'll be much better off contacting Brian from BTG-Audio to get a stunning recable like this. I've heard great things about him, and while recables aren't cheap (a pimped-out recabling for a GR07 had a price tag of about $70) they look really, really nice, seem durable, have great satisfaction.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,570 of 2,697
I have vsonic gr07 bass and they broken , in the right sid you will hear more than the left side, and then my jack broken, so I fix them (not 100% )but they working, I dont used my warranty :frowning2:

yes ive sent it back to the seller. im not sure about this brand anymore. they do replace them though. it seems like they replace quite often since they posted me a message by mistake before saying to post iem back for replacement. im thinking about other brands now though.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #2,571 of 2,697
I'm a fan of the GR07 BE and never had build problems but I'll also plus the Aurisonics Rockets as another great sounding value.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #2,572 of 2,697
Considering the tonality issues I've heard with other IEMs, it seems to me the reported sibliance is nit picking. It takes a special kind of recording to really find things it annoying and not just kind of bright. A recording shouldn't be mastered like that in the first place. I suspect many other IEMs have worse issues, yet get away with it by boosting the the lows and highs above the relevant range. Thanks to psychoacoustics audio reproduction isn't always even playing field!

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #2,574 of 2,697
So why arent these more popular? Could it be just because people generally prefer a more fun sound signature?

i guess people dont want to spent 110 euro on earphones, and anything lower price is coloured fun signature init? also people are into bass a lot, and they dont have a massive marketing campaign like beats and apple to make them seem more valuable than they actually are? cheers

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #2,575 of 2,697
i guess people dont want to spent 110 euro on earphones, and anything lower price is coloured fun signature init? also people are into bass a lot, and they dont have a massive marketing campaign like beats and apple to make them seem more valuable than they actually are? cheers

Fair enough, but how about the audio enthusiast crowd? Seems like the preference for fun and colored still applies?

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #2,576 of 2,697
  Fair enough, but how about the audio enthusiast crowd? Seems like the preference for fun and colored still applies?

Well, the GR07 family is a head-fi classic. Ever since they came out they've gotten a ton of love. The reason they aren't more popular is probably because they're getting slightly longer in the tooth and newer things come out that people want to try. In their heyday they were just as hyped and well loved as anything. 

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,577 of 2,697

The GR07 line of headphones was REAL popular about 2 years back.  People just move on to new stuff...just the nature of these boards.  Not to mention VSonic really hasn't come out with the successor at the 150 dollar price point that has gained any traction.  They've come out with a ton of great lower priced IEMs but that's not in competition w/ their 07 line.

@ZapX629 beat me by 10 seconds.  LOL.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,578 of 2,697
Its a shame Vsonic never came finished with their hybrid there was so much talk about years ago.

It was the chosen one for many.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #2,579 of 2,697

Well, the GR07 family is a head-fi classic. Ever since they came out they've gotten a ton of love. The reason they aren't more popular is probably because they're getting slightly longer in the tooth and newer things come out that people want to try. In their heyday they were just as hyped and well loved as anything. 

Very true but the built quality was beyond shocking as was the cable. The sound was decent and worthy of the hype.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2,580 of 2,697
  Very true but the built quality was beyond shocking as was the cable. The sound was decent and worthy of the hype.

My two year old GR07 BEs have been to the gym and running consistently (should be more often of course, lol) and mine are still perfect.  Not sure I believe the bad build quality is shocking.  LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back