VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,488 of 2,697
I just ordered from LMUE Sunday and received an update email today saying status is processing. Not sure if they will send another update for when they ship. But, at least my paypal payment did not goto an unresponsive black hole.

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,489 of 2,697
If I may jump in, these are my favorite IEM to date. I have had a lot of different ones and these are buy far more superior. Do I think they are bassy, no, they produce great sound especially after they have burnt in for awhile and have good accurate sound coming out of them from a good dap Right now my are paired with my Fiio X3, which is an amazing combo. To who ever is on the fence about buying these, go for it, you will not be disappointed with them. Also they are coming out with a few different models at the beginning of next year.

do you think these are good for metal? solid kickdrum and can play loud?

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #1,490 of 2,697
In my opinion, kick drums are great, but I listen to hard electronic music. Furthermore these go so loud you will most likely go deaf if turned up all the way. I turn the music up to max during burn in and they are as loud as a speaker, no amp was used.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #1,491 of 2,697
In my opinion, kick drums are great, but I listen to hard electronic music. Furthermore these go so loud you will most likely go deaf if turned up all the way. I turn the music up to max during burn in and they are as loud as a speaker, no amp was used.

DANG... sounds awesome! do you think these will sound better than the monster turbine gold's? i like aggressive and loud. im hoping these fit the bill

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #1,492 of 2,697

do you think these are good for metal? solid kickdrum and can play loud?

I got these primarily for electronic (some EDM, but mostly synth stuff) and metal/rock (I listen to alot of doom, DM and BM) and any of the GR07 are of the best options for metal IMO.  You'll get a bit more satisfying bass slam for drums with the BE as expected, but the mids aren't too compromised.  Still, the MKII will be more neutral overall so things like guitars and vocals will be a bit more forward in comparison, so it's up to you.  Both are very similar though so don't expect vast changes between the two.  Also don't expect a bass monster with the BE - the bass is fast, clean and accurate.  Aggressive and loud definitely fits the bill here 
cool.gif

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #1,495 of 2,697
Im sure this has been answered 40 or 50 times in this thread, dont have time to read every page lol. here we go: will these iem's sound good through an ipod video(5th generation)? i want to know if the ipod video has enough power to drive these headphones. i think these headphones are 67ohm. not sure what kind of power the ipod video has. i plan on getting the fiio X3 in the future but for now, i have funds to get the headphones first. thanx for any input.

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #1,496 of 2,697
  Im sure this has been answered 40 or 50 times in this thread, dont have time to read every page lol. here we go: will these iem's sound good through an ipod video(5th generation)? i want to know if the ipod video has enough power to drive these headphones. i think these headphones are 67ohm. not sure what kind of power the ipod video has. i plan on getting the fiio X3 in the future but for now, i have funds to get the headphones first. thanx for any input.

I'm not sure about the ipod video but they sound perfectly fine from an iphone 4s and iphone 4 

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,497 of 2,697

That'd likely be a good pairing, and I had no problems driving them from low power sources like my Clip+ which I think only has between 7-15mW output.  They are actually closer to 40 Ohm impedance according to the specs, but it does vary.  You only have to worry about something that is rated 80+ Ohm impedance before considering amping when it comes to IEMs IMO - benefits may be present/audible, but it won't be a dramatic improvement since they are already pretty easy to drive.  

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #1,498 of 2,697
I would like to use the for mixing like I said.. are they decent monitor wise? (mixing as in production, not dj). I do drum and bass, jungle and IDM

Also, what about the gym? I would like to use them for exercise, while I lift weights and do some walking outside, but im scared the sweat will damage the thing or something. Are the foams removable and washable easily?

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,499 of 2,697
  I would like to use the for mixing like I said.. are they decent monitor wise? (mixing as in production, not dj). I do drum and bass, jungle and IDM

Also, what about the gym? I would like to use them for exercise, while I lift weights and do some walking outside, but im scared the sweat will damage the thing or something. Are the foams removable and washable easily?

If you are mixing, I'd suggest something more neutral like the MKII.  They're good for activity since they are over the ear, no microphonics and you can wear the cable behind your neck.  The tips are removable and you can wash the silicone tips easily.  As long as you have a good seal you should have no issues with sweat.

Sep 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,500 of 2,697

I've used my BEs for working out for 8 months now and not a single problem with them. They are perfect because of the over the ear nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back